1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How are Views counted?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by flowerpot132, Nov 13, 2014.

1. flowerpot132

flowerpot132 Formerly mugtree

Is it by IP address? If I refresh a topic the view count doesn't go up, so am I classed as just one view how ever many times I view it in say a 24 hour period?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Every view is counted but for performance reasons the view counter only updates once an hour.

If you view a thread 10 times, within an hour you will have incremented the view count by 10.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    billytimmy likes this.
  3. flowerpot132

Ok thanks. And what about the bots / robots? Do they count as a view when they crawl the site?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. flowerpot132

Ah right. Can we stop the bots and stop them being counted as people on line (members; guests: robots)

6. flowerpot132

Ah right. Can we stop the bots and stop them being counted as people on line (members; guests: robots)

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

They are counted in visitors online (always were, just guests before). You can edit the phrase to remove the text if you wish (do a phrase text search on Robots: under appearance).

Changing the actual behavior requires an addon