XF 1.3 How are trophies awarded retroactively?

DeltaHF

Best Weekly GIF Winner
Let's say I don't have any trophies defined, and create my first one which awards a user for their first post ("user has posted at least 1 message").

When will existing users who have more than 1 post be awarded this trophy? Will it be awarded automatically or instantly upon creation of the trophy, without having to do anything, or will the award be triggered on their next post?

If trophies are awarded automatically, are there any performance implications I should be wary of when creating trophies which may apply to hundreds of thousands of registered users (that's a lot of trophies to be handed out simultaneously!)? Is there any way to prevent these existing users from being flooded with alerts for new trophies?

Just to note that trophies are only awarded via cron to people that are active. Trophies are also awarded on first login. There's also a cache rebuild you can do to run the trophy criteria against all users at once.

Just to note that trophies are only awarded via cron to people that are active. Trophies are also awarded on first login. There's also a cache rebuild you can do to run the trophy criteria against all users at once.
In this case what criteria must be met for a member to be active?

I'm not certain, but I presume it might be the same criteria for username auto-complete and birthday, which applies to users active within the past 180 days:

Limit auto-complete and birthday lists to active users
Similar to the previous option, username auto-complete and birthday lists are now limited to only showing users that have been active (somewhat) recently. The goal in both cases is to filter out users that are unlikely to be contacted or sought out.

As it stands, this is not option controlled and defaults to users active in the last 180 days.

Top Bottom