1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How are trophies awarded retroactively?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DeltaHF, Aug 24, 2014.

1. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

Let's say I don't have any trophies defined, and create my first one which awards a user for their first post ("user has posted at least 1 message").

When will existing users who have more than 1 post be awarded this trophy? Will it be awarded automatically or instantly upon creation of the trophy, without having to do anything, or will the award be triggered on their next post?

If trophies are awarded automatically, are there any performance implications I should be wary of when creating trophies which may apply to hundreds of thousands of registered users (that's a lot of trophies to be handed out simultaneously!)? Is there any way to prevent these existing users from being flooded with alerts for new trophies?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, they will be awarded it, once the routine cron task has run.

DeltaHF likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just to note that trophies are only awarded via cron to people that are active. Trophies are also awarded on first login. There's also a cache rebuild you can do to run the trophy criteria against all users at once.

DeltaHF likes this.
  4. Brad L

Brad L Well-Known Member

In this case what criteria must be met for a member to be active?

5. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

I'm not certain, but I presume it might be the same criteria for username auto-complete and birthday, which applies to users active within the past 180 days:

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's them having viewed a page in the last few hours. Trophies are also calculated when they first login.

Brad L and DeltaHF like this.