Hotspots by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon can you check please whether the hotspot marker text and the title are being used the right way round on the map? Looks to me like the title is displayed on mouse over the marker.

Also I just visited a map, and used the large map to zoom in to a particular location. I then wanted to add a hotspot to that location, but when I clicked Create New Hotspot, the default location was used as the position in the smaller hotspot map. I had to zoom all the way in to find the location again, which was harder on the smaller map.
Do you think it would be more useful to use the location in the larger map for the new hotspot? Or are there reasons why this might not be a good idea?

Jon can you check please whether the hotspot marker text and the title are being used the right way round on the map? Looks to me like the title is displayed on mouse over the marker.
I think this is deliberate. Perhaps the terminology 'marker text' is misleading -- it is just a summary description that appears when you click on the marker.

Also I just visited a map, and used the large map to zoom in to a particular location. I then wanted to add a hotspot to that location, but when I clicked Create New Hotspot, the default location was used as the position in the smaller hotspot map. I had to zoom all the way in to find the location again, which was harder on the smaller map.
Do you think it would be more useful to use the location in the larger map for the new hotspot? Or are there reasons why this might not be a good idea?
I hadn't thought of that, but it sounds like a good idea to me. Having said that, I think it would just be better if the user could click on the map to add a new hotspot. I'll have to look into the best way of doing that though.

While I'm thinking about it, is there an option to not have the Hotspots link in the menu? Having maps as nodes kind of makes it redundant.

While I'm thinking about it, is there an option to not have the Hotspots link in the menu? Having maps as nodes kind of makes it redundant.
Yes, just remove the general permission for viewing hotspots and just give the permissions for the individual nodes (or a parent node) instead.

@Waindigo - is there anyway to bring this into a "Fantasy" world? I'd like to use it for a game of sorts.. heh
Since we use Google Maps for this, it would rely on Google offering this service. As far as I know they don't offer this. I think I could probably add an option to allow you to use Mars, the Moon or the sky/stars as your map, but that is about it.

Since we use Google Maps for this, it would rely on Google offering this service. As far as I know they don't offer this. I think I could probably add an option to allow you to use Mars, the Moon or the sky/stars as your map, but that is about it.
Interesting... would be neat but I know you're busy!

Thanks for the reply!

Hi, I just installed this add-on and have no idea what to do with marker. I placed a small description on the text field.

marker.webp

Also can’t see the marker on the big map.

Hi, I just installed this add-on and have no idea what to do with marker. I placed a small description on the text field.

View attachment 53367

Also can’t see the marker on the big map.
You need to set the marker colour (in the Hotspot Categories ACP screen) to one of the following colours:
blue, brown, darkgray, darkgreen, gray, green, orange, paleblue, pink, purple, red, yellow

These are the names of the images in the styles/default/waindigo/hotspots folder. You can add more images to that folder.

Waindigo updated Hotspots by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 released

New features:
  • Now supports setting a hotspot to show Street View by default, including saving the exact viewing angle.
  • Hotspot icons can be any local or external URL, can now include shadows, and appear next to the hotspot category name in the hotspot list.
  • Hotspot categories can now be restricted to certain map nodes.
  • Titles of hotspot categories are now fully phrased for multi-lingual sites, as well as for compatibility with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am getting the following error when trying to import the XML file:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'XXX_xenforo.xf_hotspot_category' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Waindigo/Hotspots/Install/Controller.php at line 12
Waindigo_Hotspots_Install_Controller->_preInstall() in Waindigo/Install/20130725.php at line 194
Waindigo_Install->_install() in Waindigo/Install/20130725.php at line 86
Waindigo_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XXX/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom