Hosting

Most current hosting packages will be sufficient for hosting XenForo.

The mindset you need to be in, however, is "is this company going to provide good value for money? good support? cater for future growth of my website?".

For xenForo, will godaddy hosting specifications be suitable?
Technically speaking, I would not advise any site which uses php or MySQL to use GoDaddy as a web host. You need only do a quick Google or DuckDuckGo or Bing Search to discover the overwhelming response people feel when using even as simple as WordPress; fails on GoDaddy.

The community here has a few reviews on host
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/server-configuration-and-hosting.48/

You can also compare and shop around using
http://www.webhostingtalk.com

Between those two informative sources; I would image it will be easy for you to find a web host which is right for you. :)

If you seek a recommendation in the here and now, I would personally suggest the following alternatives which I have tested and am currently testing;

* Current approved list
**Exploratory list
* I've used them, tested them, and would recommend them.

** I'm exploring their services now and will report back at a later time

But again I would still recommend that you do your homework and find what you believe is the right host for you. XenForo uses very few resources and so most of the time your only concern will be in finding a web host which is friendly and stable

http://barrettnetworks.com

VPS
16384+0 records in
16384+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.51355 seconds, 195 MB/s

I have negotiated a great discount to my friends of xenforo

Use promo code : xenforo30

This will give you a one time 30% discount

You can choose monthly or annual and still get the full 30% off

Please notice that I have no affiliation and have put no affiliate code in url to direct members to checkout this great hosting option and awesome discount.

Some companies tell you that you get a "free domain name" if you host with them.
USUALLY this is not good as it means THEY own the name not you. You can choose the name but you don't own it.
Then if you want to move on due to poor service they charge you a hefty fee to transfer the name to you - much much more than the name alone would normally cost. It's to block you moving.

So if there is an offer of domain name included/ or free domain name CHECK!

For sure. I do nothing like that. I use Godaddy and while I don't care much for them they are fine for handling my domains and cheap with coupons and codes they send me. Hosting is another issue and for me at Barrett Networks it is all smooth sailing.

I have my own company, not that I'm advertising it (well I am).
But I run my XenForo forum there and it works very, very well.
The prices are pretty cheap too and I, myself, am cPanel certified.
The link is in my signature if you're interested.

However, if you're looking for more established providers,
I believe HostGator is pretty good, though a bit expensive.
But yes, definitely wouldn't recommend Godaddy. :o

Top Bottom