Hosting Questions

Shousan

Hello,

I have just bought my first forum license. It took me some time to go through all content comparing vBulletin, IPB and XenForo, but here I am. Since I am still new to this, I was wondering if anyone here could offer me advise and tips. I plan on moving my community to my XF forum, it usually has 50 members online and 100 guests. I have been told that a shared hosting would be enough for me. Could anyone here recommend me a shared hosting that meets the XF requirements and maintain the size I mentioned before?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Shousan

Where is your targeted audience. It will help in providing suggestions for the best responsiveness. If you are nearer the EU then a US based host might be slower.

Your welcome to PM me, I offer shared hosting geared for xenForo..

This raised my eyebrow.

Can you explain thats going on please Mike? First you sell XF host to a 3rd party company, then we get word that you are no longer working for said company under, dubious circumstances, and now your re-offering hosting?

This raised my eyebrow.

Can you explain thats going on please Mike? First you sell XF host to a 3rd party company, then we get word that you are no longer working for said company under, dubious circumstances, and now your re-offering hosting?

Yeah, I'm offering hosting on my own as I do have my own servers. Simply 2014 is a new year, a new chapter and decided to go our seperate ways after helping them as staff since the purchase back in Sept. Some rumors were started since then and IQ has done some not so professional things towards me since my departure, but it's not worth the drama nor am I here to air out dirty laundry on a public forum, but your welcome to PM me Slavik to discuss this further if you wish to. As for me, like I said 2014 is a new brighter year for me and I have closed the 2013 chapter and striving forward.

I read this into announcement:

Yeap, that is correct. Just as it was in agreement to be a stealth sale until they felt the time was right to announce it. xF host was purchased on the 24th of September. You would need to ask them why they took til Dec 26th to announce it on their end other then for the reason of upcoming changes that went in effect as of Jan 1st including the removel of my unlimited support for installs/upgrades/add-0n trouble shooting to their change of 1 free hour and then $50.00 per after along with the monthly service price increase justified by offering the one hour of free support, both which I did not agree on making. As of 1st week of Jan. we parted ways.

I'm sorry, your prices are a bit too high for me. I'm looking for something somewhat cheaper. I have been told on forums that it's possible to get good hosting for 50 members and 100 guests with a $10-15 per month shared plan. Can people confirm this here on XF?

I'm sorry, your prices are a bit too high for me. I'm looking for something somewhat cheaper. I have been told on forums that it's possible to get good hosting for 50 members and 100 guests with a $10-15 per month shared plan. Can people confirm this here on XF?
For around that you can get a decent VPS from RamNode.

Hmmmm, don't recall quoting you a price. Anyway, yes I could give you a package that would fit well for "50 members and 100 guests" for $15.00 a month. PM me if interested.

Top Bottom