"Your server is running an outdated and unsupported version of PHP (5.2.17). If possible, you should upgrade to PHP 5.4 or 5.5"
Called up GoDaddy and said, tell me about this.
The answer I got is that I could upgrade to a hosting package for a 33% discount now (which would be about $70/yr). I asked, well, what about what I already paid for my earlier package (which was about $85/yr). Answer: I could upgrade, then import to new hosting plan/server, then cancel old plan and get credit pro-rated for future services (but, not a refund, or credit for the upgrade). Was also told that at some point in the future, my php support for current plan may "expire" (whatever the hell that might mean).
I don't think this is a horrible deal. But, one of the issues that gnaws at my innards (nice descriptive terms, yeah?) is that if I by a hosting plan, my instinct is that it should upgrade to current (or not obsolete) php either automatically or on request. Is this instinct wrong? Or do most hosts do this?
Given the above, are there any recommendations (with general prices) for other hosting options.
(If it matters, I have one other site, purely HTML, on my current hosting plan). Also, I can have no downtime on migration. I also have probably 8 domain names registered through GoDaddy. (The customer service rep started talking about setting up .test/domain name something or other in order to not have down time....I started to nod off and explained that I could pull of the migration on my own if I wanted to learn about this, but between learning curve, anxiety in potentially messing things up, and my own time, it would not be worth it to me). So, I am thinking that if I do change hosts (or even stay with GD, but move to a different hosting plan), I will want some help. My first instinct is to go with @SchmitzIT , whom I have worked with before. But, if this is not something he does, or if there are other choices out there, please chime in with recommendations).
To be honest, my site works fine now. This is not an emergency. I could probably wait many months, or a year or more, to make changes. However, I would like to stay ahead of problems.
Insight/comments/suggestions are welcome! Thanks for the help!