After 5 years I've finally hit the point where my cheap shared hosting web(trash)space isn't good enough for my project anymore, so I'm looking for advices on what hosting solution to choose as new alternative.
A few things:
A few things:
- I'm expecting to peak user activity at around 100-200 simultaneously active users at for the first year or so, once I start to actively spread the word about the page. If the solution is fluently upgradeable later on, that would be welcome.
- Images are a big thing, so maybe a little extra storage space wouldn't hurt too badly. Upgrade options for that would be welcome if available. Beside the SSL image proxy, most of them will be avatar size however, so no extra-large images that need to be accounted for.
- SSL is required, doesn't matter if I have to install it myself (I'll manage somehow) or it comes pre-installed. With OpenSSL and stuff around, I don't want to be charged 20 bucks a month for it however.
- I don't necessarily need fancy stuff like CPanel or so, an ftp connection and phpmyadmin will do fine. Won't say no to any management software that comes on top (for free?) however.
- A single database will suffice if necessary. If two are in, I could host my test installation on the server as well, so that wouldn't be too bad.
- I have an external domain, so being able to set that up to work with the server would be a must, but I think that shouldn't be too hard not to fit.
- Target audience sits around central europe, so a server location near to that would be preferred.
- Budget is not set, so I'm open to hear out all suggestions.