Host problem

OverHere

I’m looking for a new host/server company for my xenforo forum. My current hosting package which is shared cannot cope with issues such as the ones stated at https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ent-needs-to-be-re-prepared-recurring.135846/

The current host now tells me to upgrade to a vps etc. - after initially advising me that the current shared hosting package is all good for a new/lite xenforo forum. Not good.

So, which U.S./U.K. hosting companies would experienced people here suggest for me to shift over to?

I’m looking for a permanent solution so I can concentrate on growing my forum.

Thank you all in advance.

I use (and recommend) dedicated hosting at Hivelocity but I have been impressed with Siteground for both Xenforo and WordPress installations on other sites I manage.

One of those I admin is a small private Xenforo forum hosted at Siteground and I've been impressed with their support, requests for upgrading or configuring the server, etc.

Appears they offer CLI on their plans?
To be honest, that's a small forum I manage and I haven't had occasion to try using CLI there, if I recall correctly.

I did ask support their to run the CLI database conversion for emojis in 2.1 and they did that within an hour.

they say they dont specifically host xenforo so i take it they are not a safe longer-term bet

I've been using them for years and they can always fix something quickly if something comes up. They may not mention specifically Xenforo, but they don't mention any other forums either. I am using a dedicated server that is running Wordpress and Xenforo. No problems at all and when the odd hiccup does occur, they get to the bottom of it. They have tech support 24/7 by phone and chat. You could if you want talk to them and see what they say. It couldn't hurt anything. But that is up to you. Good luck in finding a host. :-)

Top Bottom