Horrorland Online

Brendon Meynell

horrorland_2.gif
So rather than taking the gamble of moving my sport website to xenforo, considering we only recently moved to IPB and I didn't want to upset my members too much I started a brand new venture with my new xF license and today I present to you Horrorland Online.

Horrorland Online is a website dedicated purely to the discussion of everything related to horror, whether it be movies, television, books, fan art or even how to make your food look a little more 'freaky' for your next Halloween or Friday the 13th party.

We have used xenforo for the very first time and have built a nice little community around it. We now invite you to come and be part of it - and to provide us feedback on our site.

Horrorland Online

Looks like the one Kim created for halloween

Yes it is the one Kim created for Halloween I went and purchased it yesterday and after displaying what I had changed it prompted her to act swiftly and provide a different version of the logo without the pumpkin (which will make it's return next halloween :) ) .

Looks pretty good, don't think I've ever seen that particular style before. I have to ask, where did you get the latest poll sidebar block from?

I don't know how others did it but I am using ragteks' Widget Framework and it's just as basic as clicking add widget, polls, and post :)

Looks pretty good, don't think I've ever seen that particular style before. I have to ask, where did you get the latest poll sidebar block from? :p

I'm quite sure that poll sideblock is part of the xfrocks widget framework. I could be mistaken.

@Brendon - Site is looking great. Keep up the good work. (y)

edit: ragteks framework I was mistaken.

I'm quite sure that poll sideblock is part of the xfrocks widget framework. I could be mistaken.

@Brendon - Site is looking great. Keep up the good work. (y)

edit: ragteks framework I was mistaken.

Thanks Shelley,
Really appreciate the words of encouragement. Time to go and launch our Grand Opening Competition now that I have posted around the WWW about it :)

Great to see a site that can use Kim's theme year round :)
I love Kim's theme however have recently changed it and done some major work on the site while waiting for Kim to find the time to update to their new style framework and to 1.1.

I am hopeful of eventually returning to it however as just said I have just majorly edited the default theme for the time being which (apart from the blue which I am attempting to get rid off) I think it looks alright.

Very nice. I am a big fan of horror stuff so I will actually sign up to this board.

One thing, on your "What's going on" block, the sign up / login button is overlapping the guest notice.

Very nice. I am a big fan of horror stuff so I will actually sign up to this board.

One thing, on your "What's going on" block, the sign up / login button is overlapping the guest notice.
Thanks for pointing it out. I keep forgetting to log out to see how things look to visitors - stupid on my part I know. I am heading back to work on it and will fix it up, thanks for letting me know.

Okay so after real life went to crap resulting in my having to walk away from a lot of my online ventures things finally died down and allowed me to make a comeback to this site. And we have been working hard on the site and continue to do so.

I would like to get some feedback on this - I do know there is the error in the Category Strip with the images trust me I am trying to find a solution and I am bugging the heck out of Shelley whose code I used to do it to try and help me find an answer.

While we aren't truly ready to advertise we are building up our features, and adding some things to make it eye catching to all.

There are already some things on there including our imdb bbcode that I only released here this morning, we are playing with numerous user upgrades/products/ stores systems in order to establish a great upgrade feature where people will be able to download things such as vectors, images, books, horror/halloween themes and music as well as having other privs.

But I would like to know what you guys thought of http://www.horrorland-online.com please feel free to click around as many things are slightly customized.

Okay so after real life went to crap resulting in my having to walk away from a lot of my online ventures things finally died down and allowed me to make a comeback to this site. And we have been working hard on the site and continue to do so.

I would like to get some feedback on this - I do know there is the error in the Category Strip with the images trust me I am trying to find a solution and I am bugging the heck out of Shelley whose code I used to do it to try and help me find an answer.

While we aren't truly ready to advertise we are building up our features, and adding some things to make it eye catching to all.

There are already some things on there including our imdb bbcode that I only released here this morning, we are playing with numerous user upgrades/products/ stores systems in order to establish a great upgrade feature where people will be able to download things such as vectors, images, books, horror/halloween themes and music as well as having other privs.

But I would like to know what you guys thought of http://www.horrorland-online.com please feel free to click around as many things are slightly customized.

have you tried the following to fix that?

Code:
.nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle {
    margin-right: 200px;
}

That imdb code is interesting, is that using something like this or is it something else?

Theme is looking sharp :)

Thanks for the comments. The IMDb code is something completely different. This doesn't allow anyone to post raw html or anything like that you put in the link to the imdb movie/show etc that you want to talk about and it pulls the information from imdb and places it there.

I have been using it for a while and I have seen many people ask about it so today I released it in the resources section: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/imdb-bbcode.953/ to try and help my fellow community members out.

Pretty cool man :)
Thanks I appreciate the kind words. I am slowly learning more about the styling system, and how to do things. I have had a number of issues with this style and have been able to extra.css code my way into making it work how I want.

And with the help of the threads already on this site, and Shelley's improvements both here and at her other site it has really made working on this site a lot easier than it had been in the past.

Thanks for the kind words hopefully some day in the future when we become the number one horror related discussion board you will remember these humble days :D

Top Bottom