Horrible Tornado Season in USA

Peggy

Actually, tornado season doesn't "officially" start for another 2 weeks, but Mother Nature struck out early this year.

The massive tornados that hit the south a few weeks ago, were horrendous, wiping out entire towns (Tuscaloosa, Alabama among others).

The latest, in the past few days, have been even worse. Joplin, Missouri was struck by a massively violent tornado this past Sunday, decimating the town. The death toll so far is at around 112, with the count of missing people nearing 1,000.

Now Oklahoma City is under the gun, so to speak. I'm watching a live stream now (well, it's running about 6 minutes behind), and they have multiple tornadoes touching down, both surrounding and inside Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Dear God, help these people.

I hope they have done all they can to prepare, and have gotten to safety... will be thinking of them and wishing them well.

This year has been horrible for natural disasters, and wild weather, there is no doubt the weather is changing dramatically.

I hope they have done all they can to prepare, and have gotten to safety... will be thinking of them and wishing them well.

This year has been horrible for natural disasters, and wild weather, there is no doubt the weather is changing dramatically.
Its the start of the rapture :rolleyes:.

It's almost impossible to prepare for a tornado. You have very little warning. 10 - 15 minutes tops, sometimes not even that much. You grab your kids and run for a bathroom or basement, and hope for the best.

:mad: This is serious.
I had to say it Peggy... Its a requirement for any post regarding the changes in the whether :p.

Seriously though, I have a friend thats probably going to get hit by a few tornadoes this year. He invested into a bunker that will protect him from that... and zombies (I think he was worried more about zombies :rolleyes:).

Tornado Alley earned its nickname today. It was a very wild, destructive, and scary afternoon/evening.

No accident that the National Weather Service is located in Oklahoma – it doesn’t pay to ignore the weather here.

Top Bottom