1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Homepage Errors

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Louise Williams, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Logged in this morning to forum and everyone is getting this on the homepage;

Server Error
    Mysqli prepare error: Table '*****_SFoperationsXENO.xf_user_ban' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 753
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow() in XenForo/Model/Banning.php at line 74
    6. XenForo_Model_Banning->getBannedUserById() in XenForo/Model/UserProfile.php at line 134
    7. XenForo_Model_UserProfile->canViewFullUserProfile() in XenForo/Model/ProfilePost.php at line 516
    8. XenForo_Model_ProfilePost->canViewProfilePostAndContainer() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 62
    9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sfops/public_html/index.php at line 13

All the posts etc are still there - if I go into "new posts" I can view the posts and reply to them - and use private conversations etc. When not logged in the homepage looks just fine - but when log in, get that.

Nobody has touched any files at all since days ago, and everything was working perfectly when I went to bed - then get up to this.

Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have replied to your ticket.

3. Hosting - incredibly helpfully - inform me that they never configured our backup service and that the ticket to do so got missed and is still outstanding (so sorry). They are suggesting I get someone to 'rebuild' the database table: "recreate it and step through errors while rebuilding it to resolve the issue."

Knowing absolutely nothing about database tables or restoring them or whatever, I have several questions:
    1. Before we moved server we did attempt to take a manual backup (which I have sitting in a google drive) at which point that table did exist - I don't really want to restore everything from 2+ weeks ago, especially when I am not 100% convinced how good that backup is anyway - but is there a way to use this backup to restore just that data table? (if that isn't how it works, sorry - I have no idea)
    2. Is this banned users table part of the basic software? As in - if I were to put brand new xenforo software on and imported all my posts, users, etc etc would this help me? (we were planning to do this anyway) I guess what I am asking is, would the this give me the table back?
    3. Failing all of that, how do I go about finding a developer to help me rebuild a data table?

Thank you as always for your help!

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Rather than deal with this in two places, I will reply to the ticket instead.