Home Screen Installation

Home Screen Installation 2.0.1

No permission to download

johndaroza

johndaroza submitted a new resource:

Home Screen Installation - Web App Install Banners

Home Screen Installation
This add-on will add your site to the home screen with the relevant icon, full screen behaviors, themes, standalone appearance without browser bar etc.

Before installing:
  • Open manifest.json file and edit name, short_name and description is your site name. Of course, you can also change the color and icon of the app.
Requirements:

Read more about this resource...

Is there any special configuration required if the forum is in a subfolder? Or am I just an idiot?

What icon gets added to the home screen, and how does the admin control that?

Upload 3 icons in the XF root directory.

icon-48x48.png
icon-96x96.png
icon-192x192.png

Also open the manifest.json file and edit the 3 parts which say "YOURTEXT" and optionally the 2 color at the top.

So after install, I assume there should be a popup when browsing the site from a mobile device asking if you want to add the site to the home screen, just like the demo? I'm browsing the site on an iPhone 6s using Chrome and am not seeing anything after hitting reload a few times.

As far as I can tell, everything is installed correctly but nothing shows up. Even had a more tech smart friend check it out...he cant see the problem.

So after install, I assume there should be a popup when browsing the site from a mobile device asking if you want to add the site to the home screen, just like the demo? I'm browsing the site on an iPhone 6s using Chrome and am not seeing anything after hitting reload a few times.
Does it not show up in Chrome on iOS?

Top Bottom