Home Screen Installation

Home Screen Installation 2.0.1

No permission to download
iOS supports PWA from 11.3 onward, and the user still has to manually select "Add to home screen". Automatic prompts do not work.
Wait, if there are no prompts, how does the user get asked if they want to add to home screen? I thought a popup prompt came up when viewing the site. Where does the user manually select it if there is no prompt?

Wait, if there are no prompts, how does the user get asked if they want to add to home screen? I thought a popup prompt came up when viewing the site. Where does the user manually select it if there is no prompt?

The user only gets asked if they use an Android device. On iOS, user must do this,

1*4yTqRXTD-GK2GOmqblGhxA.png

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.4.1

Safari works.

No option in Chrome or Firefox to Add to Home Screen
Yeah, it looks like Chrome doesn't support it on iPhones at the moment. Hopefully they do at some point, though I realize most people on iPhones use Safari.

Okay so I've added this to my forum, customised the file. Created (already had these) icon files.

I use CloudFlare and Amazon S3. So I'm not sure the service worker file is being located (THIS guy said that's a thing)?

How can I test this to see if my service worker file is actually being located and asked for?

Okay so I've added this to my forum, customised the file. Created (already had these) icon files.

I use CloudFlare and Amazon S3. So I'm not sure the service worker file is being located (THIS guy said that's a thing)?

How can I test this to see if my service worker file is actually being located and asked for?
Is it working on your own mobile device?

Chrome Dev Tools > Application > Manifest

Top Bottom