XF 2.1 Home page Oops! We r!an into some problems.

trapped_soul

Hello all,
Fresh install and Admin has full permissions, all good.
Testing by logging in as a newbie and I get the "Home page Oops! We ran into some problems." issue.

I have tested and analysed the permissions and all is good there. I've set the registered group accordingly but can't get past this issue.
As an outsider I see everything.
I am using the template edits by @ibaker but I can't see how that would trigger this when the Admin account is perfect.

I hope someone can please assist or give me some pointers.
Here's a screenshot of the console error. Editing it makes no difference that I have noticed thus far..
1.png

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can kindly assist.

Kind regards

Click on the console tab, what’s the error?
Hi Ozzy, hope you're well.
It shows this;

Code:
(index):1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
/misc/style?_xfRequestUri=%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1590175201%2Cab58e5c28af7767c775308e45f2dcdfb&_xfResponseType=json:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
(index):1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

I also then see these under elements;

Code:
<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR" data-app="public" [B]data-template="error"[/B] data-container-key="" data-content-key="" data-logged-in="true" data-cookie-prefix="xf_" data-csrf="" class="has-js template-error has-no-touchevents has-passiveeventlisteners has-no-hiddenscroll has-pointer-nav" style=""><head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

<title>(1) Oops! We ran into some problems. | </title>
[/CODE
Meh 🤷‍♂️

Some set part of security mechanism such as mod_sec. Have your host check it out.
Yes it definitely seems to be the .htaccess I can't continue for now (rather poorly) so will have another try tomorrow or so.
I see a lot of these but not sure if it's normal;
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR"
    data-app="public"
    data-template="error"
    data-container-key=""
    data-content-key=""
    data-logged-in="true"
    data-cookie-prefix="xf_"
    data-csrf=""
    class="has-no-js template-error"
    >
Thanks mate & hope you're all safe &* well.

Still can't get this working. Fresh clean install. Admin sees and does all. Guests see it all, I login and get the error.
I remember this happening before and it was related to not accepting T&C's twice IIRC....
I also see errors about popups?
Can anyone please help or advise?

Last edited:
Top Bottom