XF 2.1 Home page Oops! We r!an into some problems.

trapped_soul

Hello all,
Fresh install and Admin has full permissions, all good.
Testing by logging in as a newbie and I get the "Home page Oops! We ran into some problems." issue.

I have tested and analysed the permissions and all is good there. I've set the registered group accordingly but can't get past this issue.
As an outsider I see everything.
I am using the template edits by @ibaker but I can't see how that would trigger this when the Admin account is perfect.

I hope someone can please assist or give me some pointers.
Here's a screenshot of the console error. Editing it makes no difference that I have noticed thus far..
1.png

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can kindly assist.

Kind regards

trapped_soul

Click on the console tab, what’s the error?
Hi Ozzy, hope you're well.
It shows this;

Code:
(index):1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
/misc/style?_xfRequestUri=%2F&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1590175201%2Cab58e5c28af7767c775308e45f2dcdfb&_xfResponseType=json:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
(index):1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
I also then see these under elements;

Code:
<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR" data-app="public" [B]data-template="error"[/B] data-container-key="" data-content-key="" data-logged-in="true" data-cookie-prefix="xf_" data-csrf="" class="has-js template-error has-no-touchevents has-passiveeventlisteners has-no-hiddenscroll has-pointer-nav" style=""><head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover">

<title>(1) Oops! We ran into some problems. | </title>
[/CODE
Meh 🤷‍♂️

trapped_soul

Some set part of security mechanism such as mod_sec. Have your host check it out.
Yes it definitely seems to be the .htaccess I can't continue for now (rather poorly) so will have another try tomorrow or so.
I see a lot of these but not sure if it's normal;
Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR"
    data-app="public"
    data-template="error"
    data-container-key=""
    data-content-key=""
    data-logged-in="true"
    data-cookie-prefix="xf_"
    data-csrf=""
    class="has-no-js template-error"
    >
Thanks mate & hope you're all safe &* well.

trapped_soul

Still can't get this working. Fresh clean install. Admin sees and does all. Guests see it all, I login and get the error.
I remember this happening before and it was related to not accepting T&C's twice IIRC....
I also see errors about popups?
Can anyone please help or advise?

Last edited: