As designed  Home Link

Jeremy P

XenForo developer
Staff member
Since the home tab and home root item for the breadcrumb are hidden if no home page is set, why not also hide the "Home" link in the lower right corner of the footer?

Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.59.17 AM.webp

I was just about to post this, I think if it's not set and being hidden it's suitable for breadcrumb to adapt.

Well, the screenshot shows breadcrumbs with home on it ... :p
My fault, bad example. The screenshot was taken on this site (where a homepage is defined). I am talking about the small link in the right corner of the footer.

My fault, bad example. The screenshot was taken on this site (where a homepage is defined). I am talking about the small link in the right corner of the footer.
Gasp, how dare you! :D Tricking me. hehe.

Well, glad that's at least covered, the footer might have been overlooked. Surely beta5 (rc1?) will cover that.

Confirmed :)

Code in footer is:

Code:
                <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>

Should be
Code:
                <xen:if is="{$showhomeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>

$showHomeLink is actually specifically for the element in the breadcrumb.

We always have something that we consider the home page. It can be set in 3 different ways, but effectively the first element in the breadcrumb is the home page. I don't see a great deal of value in removing the link.

In theory, changing the term to be dynamic might work, but I don't think that various values there are actually as clear in meaning as "Home".

As such, I'm not planning on changing anything here. If you wish, you can manually edit the link of course.

Top Bottom