1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Home Link

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jeremy P, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

Since the home tab and home root item for the breadcrumb are hidden if no home page is set, why not also hide the "Home" link in the lower right corner of the footer?

Screen shot 2010-12-04 at 10.59.17 AM.jpg

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I was just about to post this, I think if it's not set and being hidden it's suitable for breadcrumb to adapt.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just to clarify, the breadcrumb link does disappear, it's the link in the footer which doesn't; between Contact Us and Top.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Agreed. Just tested on my test site.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Well, the screenshot shows breadcrumbs with home on it ... :p

6. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

7. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

My fault, bad example. The screenshot was taken on this site (where a homepage is defined). I am talking about the small link in the right corner of the footer.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Gasp, how dare you! :D Tricking me. hehe.

Well, glad that's at least covered, the footer might have been overlooked. Surely beta5 (rc1?) will cover that.

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Confirmed :)

Code in footer is:

Code:
                    <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>

Should be
    Code:
                    <xen:if is="{$showhomeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>

10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

$showHomeLink is actually specifically for the element in the breadcrumb.

We always have something that we consider the home page. It can be set in 3 different ways, but effectively the first element in the breadcrumb is the home page. I don't see a great deal of value in removing the link.

In theory, changing the term to be dynamic might work, but I don't think that various values there are actually as clear in meaning as "Home".

As such, I'm not planning on changing anything here. If you wish, you can manually edit the link of course.

Dean likes this.