Hmmmm

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I just had someone come to my forum, and post messages saying that I was supporting a racist site. They weren't very nice.

I had absolutely no idea what they were going on about, so I looked in more detail and the site in question used one of my vBulletin modifications (with branding). The person was linked to my vbulletin.org profile, and therefore to my site.

Now, I set them straight via email saying I would never affiliate myself with such a site (believe me, it isn't nice), and they apologised to me and said they had contacted law enforcement with my name etc, as I was the only connection they could see.

Now, I would like my branding line removed from that site obviously, but how...?

What would you do in the same situation? I was slightly taken aback by the remarks, and I have no idea what to do...

Any advice would be very nice... :)

Liam

There is nothing you can do other than contact the owner of the website and ask them to remove your copyright notice. And to remove your name from the branding in your add-on.

Thought as much, and from this lesson I won't be including any details in branding (I will probably stop using it).

Top Bottom