Highlight Merged Threads?

MattH

Is there an addon that will highlight the posts in a thread that is merged into another? Change of font color or a comment appended to each merged post or something?

Sometimes posts need to be merged in but the conversation flow at the merge can be a bit bumpy.

Is there an addon that will highlight the posts in a thread that is merged into another? Change of font color or a comment appended to each merged post or something?

Sometimes posts need to be merged in but the conversation flow at the merge can be a bit bumpy.
@tajhay Is that similar to you? :D

Hi @MattH,
@Nobita.Kun has an addon which was created for me (and so far unreleased on here) which allows you to highlight posts. Currently the highlighting of the thread is done based on the number of likes the post has received (Supports post ratings addon too). Im sure if you ask him nicely and contribute towards his time in making that adjustment, he might build in a conditional that allows you to also select merged posts to be highlighted. How you may want to 'highlight' the post is controlled by style properties :)

You can see the 'highlighted post' in this example :
http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/some-new-features.32433/page-2#post-486907

Hopefully I did not misread your question, but I created an add-on which is as yet unreleased, which would allow you to collate posts by thread and date, instead of date alone, when using the Merge Threads tool.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/collated-threads-merging.3776/

The reason it is unreleased is because it relies on a separate record of each resulting thread, otherwise the post order would be lost if you were to use the "Rebuild Thread Information" tool.

Top Bottom