Highlight Content per Usergroup

Highlight Content per Usergroup 2023-04-19

No permission to download
Removed the function of highlighting usergroup content per node.

Was this functionality removed because it was impossible to implement or because it was complex and returned errors?
It was useful if you wanted to highlight posts by certain users only in certain forum nodes.

It was generating errors, I have to rework on it and publish a new version that will integrate it again.

Oh thank you

It was helpful to avoid the Christmas tree effect in many sections of the forum. Another thing I would modify is this:

Important: In cases where members belong to multiple user groups, the highlighting respects a certain hierarchy, as follows (from lowest to highest priority):
User Group 1 > User Group 2 > User Group 3 > User Group 4 > Banned > Staff

I would only make follow the hierarchy for posts.

Because for example this addon is useful if you want to highlight the discussions of certain user groups in certain areas, but maybe these users are in two different groups at the same time that have their discussions highlighted in different nodes.

Following the hierarchy, they would lose the highlighting in certain nodes over others.

It is not really a will on my part, the code used implies this hierarchy and therefore I have specified it in detail so that users are not surprised and/or less understand why this or that highlighting does not appear. Would you like to highlight content published by group A in blue in node 1 and in red in node 2 for example?

It is not really a will on my part, the code used implies this hierarchy and therefore I have specified it in detail so that users are not surprised and/or less understand why this or that highlighting does not appear. Would you like to highlight content published by group A in blue in node 1 and in red in node 2 for example?

For example or
  • if a user is grade A they would have posts highlighted in sections X and Y but not in Z
  • if a user is grade B would have posts highlighted in Z but not in X and Y

However the user can buy both grade A and B and thus would have the posts highlighted in X, Y and Z.

Tried this out. Not seeing the menus except for the top one ("Highlighting Content per Usergroup") and the dropdown menus for "Set the usergroup ID for the usergroup 3", "Set the usergroup ID for the usergroup 2", "Set the usergroup ID for the usergroup 3", and "Set the usergroup ID for the usergroup 4".

The other menus don't appear. Are they someplace else I can't find?

Edit: Oh, I found it. It was buried under Style Properties.

Last edited:
Top Bottom