High usage on index.php

Rho Delta

This is using up crazy resources on my VPS... is there a way to narrow down what it could be? Possibly an add on?

Hi

DSO is ok if you can configure it properly. With 1 GB RAM, fcgid would be a little difficult, I agree. But it can be done. I have in the past successfully configured fcgid on a 1 GB VPS with good results. But it's a pain to get it configured properly and it is not easily achievable.

There is nothing wrong with DSO per say but if you use DSO make absolutely sure that yo uget rid of all the unwanted modules from apache. That way your individual apache process will get lighter and you will be able to have more processes running and hence be able to serve more visitors. DSO's php processing is slower so pages would be slower compared to fcgid.

Hi

DSO is ok if you can configure it properly. With 1 GB RAM, fcgid would be a little difficult, I agree. But it can be done. I have in the past successfully configured fcgid on a 1 GB VPS with good results. But it's a pain to get it configured properly and it is not easily achievable.

There is nothing wrong with DSO per say but if you use DSO make absolutely sure that yo uget rid of all the unwanted modules from apache. That way your individual apache process will get lighter and you will be able to have more processes running and hence be able to serve more visitors. DSO's php processing is slower so pages would be slower compared to fcgid.
Can fcgid run on 2 BG Ram?

I enabled DSO and ACP and added this code to my library/config file $config['cache']['backend'] = 'Apc';

Anything else I should do?
You can tweak the settings for APC as well. Are you able to post those settings (either from PHP.ini or APC.ini)?

there is also an APC admin page which shows how APC is working, so I'd recommend installing that as well.

Thanks for the help everyone, I upgraded my server, installed DSO and APC and enabled it and my site is lightning fast right now, even when 70 users are online at once!

Top Bottom