1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High number of "white" pages

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by ErrorCode, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

Is there a reason for this? Was I supposed to upload some of the files a different way? Am I not connecting to the MySQL database correctly?

2. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

are you performing any upgrade or installing a new style or language package!

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);

Or add this to a .htaccess file on your server (only works on Apache servers):

Code:
    php_value display_errors 1

That may reveal an error message on the blank page.

Fuhrmann likes this.
  4. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

Is there any way to do away with the errors completely?

5. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Find out what's causing them and fix the issue!

6. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

Well, I'm making an attempt to do that. I don't know where to start, though.

7. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

The place to start is in this thread. Turn on the errors and see what gets displayed on the screen.

Also checkout the server errors log in the ACP. Lastly, check through the PHP error log to see if there is anything in there.

8. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

How do I turn on the error log?

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

10. Jake Bunce

See my previous post.

That other thread of yours is a MySQL error. This blank page is likely a PHP error. If you do like in my previous post then you can probably find out what the exact error is.

11. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

Which post are you referring to, Jake? Can you give me some help again in fixing these pesky annoyances?

12. Jake Bunce

13. ErrorCode

ErrorCode Member

I tried adding that to the .htaccess file and nothing happened. I'll try the config.php file and see what that does.