High Handler_read_rnd_next

hellreturn

Does anyone has any suggestion on how to fix high:

Handler_read_rnd
Handler_read_rnd_next

For some reason both of my values are high.

Nop, only few but I am also using 2 e-Commerce sites on same machine. But I don't get much traffic on it. On same machine I am running:

One XF
2 IP.Board
2 e-Commerce

Server Specs: Core i7 4700, 32GB RAM, RAID 1.

Handler_read_rnd_next = 4GB within 10 days. Is that how it's supposed to be? Is it normal?

Definately not normal.

Check your slow query log to see if theres anything showing up.

Slow log doesn't have much queries. Only 3 slow queries over the period of 10 days. I am out of clue what's happening.

No easy answer, put simply you'll have to go digging.

However I doubt its XF causing the problems.

I saw numerous references to IP.Board and problems with it when I did some research.

That (and it's associated add-ons) would be the first place I started investigating.

I saw numerous references to IP.Board and problems with it when I did some research.

That (and it's associated add-ons) would be the first place I started investigating.

If you run the forums in debug mod how do you know which query is causing the issue? Is their any way to figure that out? Any pointers on how to figure out the issue?

I know it's not XF but just looking for general help. Asking for help on IP Board is nothing but futile. Not many people help their over server configuration. Here? Instant help and most of all? People are eager to help.

Start reducing your slow query time until you start picking up more useful info.

Your going to be looking for queries that do scans or joins without indexes, that will be your problem most likely.

Start reducing your slow query time until you start picking up more useful info.

Your going to be looking for queries that do scans or joins without indexes, that will be your problem most likely.

I have slow query time of 3 seconds i believe but only few queries logged so far in 10 days. Should I enable logs for queries without indexes? Would that tell me about the queries which I am looking for?

Thank you!

I have slow query time of 3 seconds i believe but only few queries logged so far in 10 days. Should I enable logs for queries without indexes? Would that tell me about the queries which I am looking for?

Thank you!

Yea, that might fill up quickly though, but give it a shot.

Top Bottom