Duplicate High end Image Gallery

Hilmer

I am running a Photography business and one good way to communicate with a lot of customers at the same time is our forum. Last year we converted from PHPBB to Xenforo and it has been a good experience - but we really miss a good gallery for our site.

We used to use the xfr user album but first of all it does not work with the new responsive design of XF and second it does not give the users the WOW feeling of enjoying a full size full screen photo.

I really hope a good gallery will be a part of Xenforo in the future.
Something suited for an esthetic presentation of high quality photos.
Like www.1x.com

All the best
Morten

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
For me it really does not matter if we will have to pay for a good gallery - the most important thing is that we do not end up with a gallery that is discontinued like the xfr gallery.
I have looked at the Media Gallery and the XenGallery and while they both have a perfect integration they both lack the professional clean look and elegant responsive fullscreen option that photographers are used to.

Just an example from my own Wordpress site: http://mortenhilmer.com/sirius/

For me it really does not matter if we will have to pay for a good gallery - the most important thing is that we do not end up with a gallery that is discontinued like the xfr gallery.
I have looked at the Media Gallery and the XenGallery and while they both have a perfect integration they both lack the professional clean look and elegant responsive fullscreen option that photographers are used to.

Just an example from my own Wordpress site: http://mortenhilmer.com/sirius/

That's about as basic of a "gallery" as you can get...

Exactly - the management should be full of options and the integration should be as great as the XenGallery and the Media Gallery, but the presentation of the galleries should be simple and the same for the presentation of the single picture. Just my opinion.

When a single image is presented it should be full screen and responsible. Maybe an option with visible EXIF date when a little button is hovered.

The problem is that I have many ideas and opinions but no skills to code;)

Exactly - the management should be full of options and the integration should be as great as the XenGallery and the Media Gallery, but the presentation of the galleries should be simple and the same for the presentation of the single picture. Just my opinion.

When a single image is presented it should be full screen and responsible. Maybe an option with visible EXIF date when a little button is hovered.

The problem is that I have many ideas and opinions but no skills to code;)

My advice would be to go with @Chris Deeming but then get some help (either on here or paid) in styling it how you want. I'm sure even getting a new lightbox on top wouldn't be that big a deal but I think you'd struggle to get anything nearing XMG in terms of features any time soon.

Thanks @RobParker I have just send a message to Chris.

About my example: I am just talking about the way the single photo is presented.
I just want to break out from the forum design when it comes to presentation of photos and get closer to the ones at http://portfolios.500px.com/themes
and www.1x.com.

These great galleries in combination with the innovative Xenforo would be a killer combination.

Top Bottom