XF 1.5 Hiding forums from unregistered/unverified?

TDUBS

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out how to set the node permissions for hiding specific forums from the unregistered/unverified usergroup. I have tried using Private Node + Can View Node revoke but that didn't work. I also am trying to make it so specific categories are view-able from the index page but once clicked, it forces you to sign in. I want this for forums, not categories.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This is the right combination, but you'll have an issue with your permissions. Use /admin.php?permissions/analyze on your node to see how your registered users are still able to see it.

What frustrates me is that one works using this method on one forum but when trying to do it for the rest, they're still appearing in the index page when logged out or it will hide multiple forums within the category.

General Discussion
  • Allow Can Review on Registered
  • Inherit on Unregistered/Unconfirmed
  • Private Node

Last edited:

I gave both methods a try and they still don't work.

Method One
  • Select "Private Node" option for Account and PIN Recovery forum I want hidden from index page while logged out.
  • Allowed "View Node" permission for all groups except unregistered/unconfirmed.
Method one worked but when I apply it again the same exact way for the next forum I want hidden from the index page while logged out, the forum doesn't want to go hidden like the first one demonstrated above.

Method Two
  • Revoked the "View Node" permission for unregistered & registered users.
  • Allowed "View Node" for all other usergroups aside from those two.
  • Tried revoking just "View Node" permission for unregistered users then allow "View Node" for all other usergroups aside from that one.
This method is not hiding the forum from the index page while logged out at all.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm not sure.

Both of the methods work as expected and the changes are instantaneous.

Perhaps server caching or other issues are causing problems with your installation.

Top Bottom