Hide who is online page [Deleted]

Adam Howard

Adam Howard submitted a new resource:

Hide who is online page (version 1.0) - Large performance boost and improve privacy

What does this do?

This hides the "who is online" page.
http://xenforo.com/community/online/

Why would I do use this?

1. Improves members privacy (allowing only staff to see where you are)
  2. Believe it or not, this will be a large performance boost. Bots seem to hover over this page even with Robot.txt telling them not to do so. (And so do trolls who are eating up resources)

Read more about this resource...

Its not working . Do we have another option to restrict Member's Online Page for Selected Usergroup ??

EDIT : Working now perfectly. I was applying on different Style and checking in different style.

Also, Do we have some global modification which applies on all the Styles

nice, thanks for this Adam. Just FYI on one of our boards it does not seem to like the recent who's online mod having the rug pulled... but in the interests of speed I was going to ditch that anyhow.

Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: sidebar in /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/library/WhoHasVisited/Listener.php on line 48

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in WhoHasVisited/Listener.php at line 48
WhoHasVisited_Listener::templatePostRender()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 568
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

nice, thanks for this Adam. Just FYI on one of our boards it does not seem to like the recent who's online mod having the rug pulled... but in the interests of speed I was going to ditch that anyhow.

Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: sidebar in /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/library/WhoHasVisited/Listener.php on line 48

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in WhoHasVisited/Listener.php at line 48
WhoHasVisited_Listener::templatePostRender()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 568
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/srv/www/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

The above is a conflict with that modification "Who has visited online" and is outside the scope of support for this add-on.

You'll need to contact the developer here
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/who-has-visited-in-last-24-hours.1442/

When trying to edit, I get an error:

The following templates contained errors and were not saved: online_list: 1) Template tags are not well-formed. <xen:if> was not closed.

@Adam Howard Have you had any luck getting rid of the domain/forum/members link that shows the notable members? Your old Remove Members List template edits aren't doing the trick and I can't seem to find it myself.

Top Bottom