Implemented [Suggestion] Who is Online Page Display Order

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree with mjp. I'm not interested in what guests are doing and feel the listings should include members listed first and guests listed after.

I would like to see an option to view the Current Visitors page sorted by username/time THEN guests/time without Guests being displayed sporadically in the list. I don't like seeing tons of guests breaking up all the actual members in the list.

I hope I didn't just miss this function somewhere, let me know if it exists! ;)

I see this was merged, sorry I didn't find this thread when I searched for "current visitors" yesterday. :)

Voted!

It seems strange that guests would appear before members. Perhaps sort members by most recent action, and then the same for all guests?

How is the sidebar section "Members online now" order sorted currently?

It seems strange that guests would appear before members. Perhaps sort members by most recent action, and then the same for all guests?

How is the sidebar section "Members online now" order sorted currently?
Both lists show the latest active users at the top. The oldest active users at the bottom.

I see that the Current Visitors page lists the most recent activity at the top, but it would be cool if the registered users were grouped at the top and guests below. Like some other forums list visitors.
+1
http://xenforo.com/community/online/
I'm not sure how useful "Current Visitors" is anyway.
But it looks weird to see this ..
current.visitors.mostly.guests.webp

Not to mention it is listed under the Member's Tab.
If there is some use for Guests to be visible on the Current Visitors listing ...
How about the list defaults to members only, but you can click a [Guest Visitors] button at the top if you want to know what the guests are doing ?

jQuery supports table sorting quite well, and if there's micro data for groups or types, then just telling jQuery in a template 'in this table header, when clicked, sort on that type"

jQuery supports table sorting quite well, and if there's micro data for groups or types, then just telling jQuery in a template 'in this table header, when clicked, sort on that type"
But it would sort only users on this page;)

Is there a way to change the query to sort by username?
You would need to overwrite the complete actionIndex in Online Controller
PHP:
    $onlineUsers = $sessionModel->getSessionActivityRecords($conditions, array(
            'perPage' => $userPerPage,
            'page' => $page,
            'join' => XenForo_Model_Session::FETCH_USER,
            'order' => 'view_date'
        ));
and change only the order

That's why i suggested http://xenforo.com/community/threads/event-listeners-to-manipulate-criteria-in-controllers.18072/ (to be honest, i don't think this will ever be implemented:D )[/php]

Or...
...._______ ......._____
_⎮Members⎮__⎮Guests⎮_

- Member 1
- Member 2

...._______ ......._____
_⎮Members⎮__⎮Guests⎮_

- Guest 1
- Guest 2

This looks like it is [implemented].
You can filter current visitors into groups (ie. filter OUT guests).

Unfortunately, thus far, in 1.2 alpha, the default is the status quo (everyone) so the current mess is the default.

My suggestion: Members should be the default listing for /community/online (aka current visitors).

Top Bottom