Hide Poll Results

Hide Poll Results 1.1.6

No permission to download
Does anyone know the difference between not checking the "Display votes publicly" and checking the "Hide poll results"? Aren't they the same?

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 00.24.23.webp

Display votes publicly is a default XenForo option.

With that checked, you can see which members have voted with this option.

This add-on, hides the results completely. Including how many votes each option has had.

Hi Chris, this doesn't work for me now after upgrading to 1.4, I guess it's to do with the code changes to polls...

upload_2014-9-11_15-1-42.webp

would be truly awesome to have the option "can create poll" as a permission. :) (that should be core on Xenforo really...)

Hey @Chris D , I think one of the addon upgrades killed a change we did back at the beginning, that allowed me to put in the poll options really long strings. Now I can't do that, it seems there is a limit on the characters used in the poll options, and I can't find the place to change it in the add-on files.

Do you remember what we did to fix this ?

IfI want just admins to hide polls then it struggles.

Ive set all the right permissions but if you are a moderator you can edit the poll and show results wither the poll is hidden from you or not. There is not an option to stop moderators editing polls so im unsure how to stop thisc ?

Just trying this out now, but I have an issue that I just don't see the "hide this poll" option when creating a poll. I have Xenforo 1.4.5 and this addon version 1.1.5. @Chris D

Have you given yourself the permissions? You may need to verify they aren't being overridden by looking at the permissions analyser for the node where you are having the issue.

X5UU3iy.png

Maybe that's it, but I guess it's confusing because of the wording. Should I set it like you have in your screenshot?

EDIT: My fault, it was simply a permission issue. I had set up the Node permissions but forgot about the overall user permissions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom