Hide Members Online from Guest (Side bar) [Deleted]

Adam Howard

TheVisitors submitted a new resource:

Hide Members Online from Guest (Side bar) (version 1.0) - Will hide who is logged from guest in from within the side bar

See final result
View attachment 26545

This will prevent guest from seeing who is online.

It is always wise to backup before adding any modification, skin, tweak, edit, or add-on. Please do responsibly. ;)

Template: sidebar_online_users

Look for

Code:
<xen:edithint template="sidebar.css" />

Should be the 1st line.

Directly under it add

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">

Will look like when done

Code:
<xen:edithint...

Read more about this resource...

alternative: in any ad_... template create a condition for guests to make the area invisible:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_group_id} == 1">
<style> .membersOnline {display:none} </style>
</xen:if>

When looking at HTML code you can see the list. So only go this approach if this is more of a cosmetic reason for you, not a privacy reason.

This worked for me - thanks!
Strangely enough, the one submitted by Brogan and with the template mods did not work....threw an error, even though I tried it a number of time both manually and with the template mod pack.

Question: I noticed you listed this as Open Source. Does that mean I can use this in another modification, add-on, template, skin, or 3rd party product of my own design, to release and distribute?

Answer: YES. When labelled as such (almost all of my resources are), you are completely free to use whatever free open source I have shared. However, please give credit where is it due (as with any other open source code). :)

Does it remove unregistered users from just entering the url? Will they be able to enter the page like that or it will be closed for them?

example.com/online/

Does this work with 1.3.4?

EDIT: It's still showing to guests.

As per the instructions, How do I do this --> Rebuilt Templates

Top Bottom