1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Hide Images From Guests

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by borbole, Mar 26, 2011.

1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

This is a spin off of my other mod, Hide Posts From guests, but instead of all post contents it hides only the image link/s as requested here:

http://www.forumservices.eu/xenservices/index.php?threads/hide-posts-from-guests.16/

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_HideImagesGuests.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Messages and all the way to the bottom you will see 2 new options. One is to enable/disable the mod and the other to enter your own custom message that will appear to guests instead of the hidden image link/s.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

An expanded version that hides the media links as well has been released at my forum:

http://www.forumservices.eu/xenserv...s/hide-images-and-media-links-from-guests.18/

Attached Files:

DRE, Markos, Adam Howard and 5 others like this.
  2. Ray

Ray Active Member

Would be great if you could extend this add-on to hide MEDIA from guests.
    I'm currently doing this via css, but an add-on would be awesome :D

borbole likes this.
  3. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Totally Agree.

4. borbole

If you guys would put in a request at the mod thread at my forum, I will post what edits to do to hide the media tags as well. As I support all my mods at my forum.

5. borbole

Attached Files:

Ray likes this.