• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum is for release discussion only. Discussions that do not relate specifically to the resource release should be discussed in another, more appropriate forum.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Hide Board title on index page

Allan

Attachments

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Removing the tags altogether will actually result in the title appearing again.

You need to have empty tags to stop it showing.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You only need to revert if the template is outdated.

Not all templates are changed between releases.

Brett Peters

I dont like removing a H1 like the forum title for SEO reasons.
So in forum_list I hid the title by changing the font color to the default background color like so

Code:
<xen:h1><FONT COLOR="fcfcff">{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</font></xen:h1>

Garamond

I would suggest this to be optional in admin prefs, since it's hardly necessary to have the board title both in the browser window, header (logo) and above the forum index.

Puntocom

I dont like removing a H1 like the forum title for SEO reasons.
So in forum_list I hid the title by changing the font color to the default background color like so

Code:
<xen:h1><FONT COLOR="fcfcff">{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</font></xen:h1>
It's penalized by Google (cloaking) so I don't recommend it.

Puntocom

Maybe it will hurt your position in Google a little and you won't notice. I wouldn't do it, anyway I also want to remove that h1 and make the logo image.

I'm going to try to modify the template and then I'll post it here.

Brett Peters

Nothing but upward motion in google rankings for me, which actually surprises me as I thought that I would need a more established forum to see this much love from google (might put this down to good forum software :))

Rho Delta