XF 1.5 Hide child forums on index page only

JackieChun

Is it possible to:

1) Hide child forums on the main index page, but show them when the user clicks on the parent forum?

2) Only have this happen for certain parent forums while continuing to show child forums for other parent forums.

The use case scenario is that certain parent forums have a lot of child forums (20+), so displaying all of them on the index page is unsightly, while parent forums with only 2-3 child forums are OK.

There is no option for that but you can try hiding them using CSS.
Code:
.node .subForumList
{
    display: none;
}

Regarding this:
The use case scenario is that certain parent forums have a lot of child forums (20+), so displaying all of them on the index page is unsightly
How are you displaying them?
If they are in the dropdown they won't show until hovered.

Thanks Brogan. I am not using dropdown, because I feel that it's not intuitive for members to hover over a parent forum, so they miss a subforum. But the one parent forum that has 60 subforums definitely needs to have those hidden. Actually, a great solution would be to pick and choose which parent forums should have drop downs and which should always display child forums. I suppose that's probably not possible?

Regarding your code, where do I specify the parent forum in that code?

Ah, but there's no point in hiding then. Switching to hover/dropdown will do. But that's no good if you want some child forums to be prominently displayed without taking up much vertical space.

Top Bottom