1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Hide all of a user's 'stuff'

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by briansol, Oct 31, 2014.

1. briansol

briansol Active Member

I have a user who requested that ALL his content be hidden, temporarily, as he is about to be involved in some legal stuff. While I don't imagine any content about the hobby forum matters for his case, I'd like to perform the request because he's been a solid member of the board for a long time.

my question is not so much HOW to do it, but more WHAT to do that doesn't create too much disruption.

So, what's the best way to do this? I don't want to delete anything... I don't want to over-load my mod queue...

things I'm planning to do already--
    - change the username
    - alter any user-identifiable stuff in profile

the last set is,
    - set all his posts to moderated/hidden/something?

thoughts?

2. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really bother doing anything with the posts, as long as there is no identifying data, it should be alright.

3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

Description:
    This add-on adds a section to the Admin Control Panel where administrators can enter the names of two users and force those users to ignore each other, or to force all users of the site to ignore a single user.

(you might need to alter a template to remove the 'view ignored content' option)

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/force-ignore-by-waindigo.1907/