Hey pressing the [backspace] key while in xenForo actually makes the browser go back !

Did you know the [backspace] key makes the browser go back in xenForo !

• Didn't know that

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Yea, I knew that.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Umm ... get rid of it !

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Digital Doctor

It seems to depend where the cursor is.
But the [backspace] key can cause the browser to go "back".
I lost a post because of it.
Just an FYI !
Note: I am talking about FireFox here.

I actually have an addon in my Firefox installed to prevent me from going back when I press backspace..

Btw, did you know that when you post alt + s in Firefox, you can post without clicking on post reply as well? ;)

It's exactly the same in other sites; unless the cursor is in a text field, the backspace will work as a browser back button.

Nope didn't happen for me in chrome. I had it happen due to me being careless and forgetting to click the reply button and did it but my content was still there.

That's been a feature in most browsers since the dawn of time; only recently has it started to not become a standard feature.

I never use the backspace key for "back", as I have a handy back/forward button on my mouse.
I disabled that too. Until they make the contents of Web Forms persistent, there will always be the high probability that I will find SOME WAY to wipe a 2 page post through unintentional navigation.

Btw, did you know that when you post alt + s in Firefox, you can post without clicking on post reply as well? ;)

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but Alt+S isn't working in Chrome. Miss it from vB I have to say, is there another keystroke for replying?

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but Alt+S isn't working in Chrome. Miss it from vB I have to say, is there another keystroke for replying?
Chrome uses ctrl+alt+keystroke for its page-defined shortcuts - it's just the way Chrome is set up.

Chrome uses ctrl+alt+keystroke for its page-defined shortcuts - it's just the way Chrome is set up.

Ctrl-alt-s for example doesn't post a reply in Chrome 12/Win7, however Shift-Alt-S in FF does. I think it should be alt-s in chrome. I nipped into the test section here, typed a reply, hit Alt-S whilst cursor still in editor and nothing. Clicked on the background and then tried Alt-S, got the progress bar and 'please enter a valid message.'

Perhaps an editor issue?

I was in the AdminCP in chrome editing a user, hit alt-S... and it saved the user. Chrome is definitely not being consistent.

Top Bottom