heres how to enable dislike reaction in xenforo

i found out how to enable dislike reaction in xenforo,

i didnt know but it possible because xenforo added dislike emotion but didnt active it here

here it is at the bottom
styles/default/xenforo/reactions/emojione/sprite_sheet_emojione.png

these are the settings, position is important

now you have it

so easy, now u can dislike users posts, because many users post bad thing

This was explained in October 2018,

yes but they didn't explain how to add it, and i am not so smart with sprite and position number because u have to do some math 32 + 32

so this help new user also

Sure they did:

But, let's look at adding a new negative "Dislike" reaction:

localhost_21x_admin.php_reactions_add.png

The process here should be fairly familiar if you have ever added new smilies as it uses a very similar approach for referencing the image/sprite. For your convenience we have included a "Dislike" icon in the sprite sheet should you wish to add it yourselves.

All I did was read the instructions and followed the example provided, and it worked. Your mileage may vary. Also installed a "lulz" reaction in place of the "haha" one, using a gif animation. Because I'm genius like that.

Sure they did:

ok sir, you are right, i did not see that

Care to share where anyone said there was harm in posting this?

below this message, is where he think you think it is harm,

This was explained in October 2018,

i also think this because in other person mind, translates to: "it was already explained so why post it, waste of space"

maybe u didnt mean it this way, but its up to person mind

its not important, no need fight, i have many fights before already

it is my mistake, i not read correctly the thread in hys
xenforo please delete this thread

Is it a good idea to have a 'Dislike' reaction?

I can see how some people might use it but I can also see issues where certain keyboard warriors might abuse it and it could also upset the poster if they start receiving dislikes.

I can see how some people might use it but I can also see issues where certain keyboard warriors might abuse it and it could also upset the poster if they start receiving dislikes.
On a sports board it's vital. Before the move to xF we had a "Hate This" reaction. Surprisingly it's very seldom used but mileage may vary.

Problem is, users may react to a post's content they do not like, but have no issues with it being posted. Let's say you post that a certain site was hacked. Well, that sucks, let me hit Dislike. If you have it setup to not give that user points or to subtract them, then this is not working as intended.

A better idea may be to use something like Helpful and Not Helpful for example. Or even something like Trolling. Depends on the needs of your site.

Last edited:

I am sure it has uses on some sites, but I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. I could tell exactly which users would abuse it and which users would raise a stink if they got one. Hint: It's the same people.

I know where you are coming from with that, I had one member contact me within an hour of upgrading to xf2.1 to say he was missing 3 likes - his count hadn't gone up after receiving them and it must be a bug :o

If only that was the most important thing in life, eh ?

One thing this does do though, is point out that the instructions given DO assume the reader knows how to deal with sprites. It's quite an assumption.

All I did was read the instructions and followed the example provided, and it worked. Your mileage may vary. Also installed a "lulz" reaction in place of the "haha" one, using a gif animation. Because I'm genius like that.
Where do you get the thumbs down image?

Top Bottom