Here I come...Threads: 194,968, Posts: 1,548,630, Members: 727,979

Hornstar

:) What an exciting day in the forum world. My congrats to Kier and Ashley (and hopefully Mike as well)

My site which is still on vbulletin 3.8 with Threads: 194,968, Posts: 1,548,630, Members: 727,979
And has been waiting for this day. It's time to make the move to xenforo and leave the sinking ship behind.

I suppose I have a thousand questions that I'd like to ask as this will be a big move for myself but I'd also like any advice you have.

1. I have two skins that I would like to have replicated to xenforo. I am not experienced in this field and the people who were are no longer around. So what are my options. I think my members will take to xenforo better if it looks a little like my old site. Ideally I want to get a brand new custom skin made however I think replicating the two main skins first will be important. Is there any info on how to pull this off for a novice? Or is this more suited at someone who is skilled? And if so who around here would I ask and how much am I looking at paying? This will be a big factor on my move.

2. I have vb3arcade installed. I have people who have been playing it since 2005. Is there a good working xenforo arcade and is there an importer from vb3arcade?

3. I'm running vbseo, is there an easy novice way to keep my URL structure?

Can't wait to be apart of xenforo :)

A lot more. It even imports an array of logs, profile IP uses, report threads to report center, user settings, infraction triggers, etc.
See the original entry by Shawn, for an idea:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/a-r-f-i-a-really-fast-vb4-importer.1397/
I would not be surprised if the miscellaneous section includes more things that the normal importer does not include.

A big board has so much useful data and details, that its easy to forget about the non-critical stuff. I really like that Shawn has chosen not to loose useful data.

Slavik is looking for a vb3 board to work with, so that the importer can be adjusted. The standard importer only imports a limited amount of things. Shawns/Slaviks importer imports much more.

I can contribute one of mine that I intend to move to XF soonish... if this is still relevant. I'll PM Slavik.

Even tho it is great that 3rd parties are developing them, I kinda wish Mike and Kier would smash out some really great vb importers like Shaun and Slavic, so more people could better come over. The import for me is still ongoing.

The import was still going, however on the import threads/posts step it got up to about 25% and timed out. So I went back and it gave me this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '606381' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1556
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2381
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/site/admin.php at line 13

The import was still going, however on the import threads/posts step it got up to about 25% and timed out. So I went back and it gave me this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '606381' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1556
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importPost() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2381
  10. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/site/admin.php at line 13

That appears to be a post_id collision. It's possible the interruption during the import caused this post to be imported again thereby resulting in the collision.

You can try deleting that post from the xf_post table. Then enter the import again. The import session will pick up where you left off.

That appears to be a post_id collision. It's possible the interruption during the import caused this post to be imported again thereby resulting in the collision.

You can try deleting that post from the xf_post table. Then enter the import again. The import session will pick up where you left off.
Okay, so I deleted the one that matched:
Code:
FROM `xf_post`
WHERE `post_id` =606381

Now I am getting: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '606535' for key 1
After deleting that one , I got the 606381 again, and after deleting that one, I got it again and again and again, it seems the second I delete it, that post automatically comes back a second later.

You could delete more, such as deleting all post_ids greater than a certain number. But I would more closely examine things before deleting more posts to make sure I'm not deleting too much. Also watch the xf_post table when running the module again to make sure the deleted posts are being imported again.

Actually it may go by thread_id. Are all of those post_ids from the same thread? If so then you can try deleting posts by thread_id.

Not having any luck, instead I will truncate the whole xf post table and xf thread table and if I delete all post and thread content from the import log table, I should be able to re do the post/thread step again right?

If so what would I need to change in this query so it only deletes the post and thread content type from the import log table?

Code:
DELETE FROM `site_xen`.`xf_import_log` WHERE `xf_import_log`.`content_type` =

Code:
DELETE FROM `site_xen`.`xf_import_log` WHERE `xf_import_log`.`content_type` IN ('post', 'thread')

...I should be able to re do the post/thread step again right?

I don't think it's that simple. I have never tried restarting a module. I just know it picks up where it left off. I always restart the whole import if a module goes bad and I can't recover it.

Code:
DELETE FROM `site_xen`.`xf_import_log` WHERE `xf_import_log`.`content_type` IN ('post', 'thread')

I don't think it's that simple. I have never tried restarting a module. I just know it picks up where it left off. I always restart the whole import if a module goes bad and I can't recover it.

I think your right, there must be something else I need to delete.

Because I just went back into the import, and this time it continued (from 25%) and is working now, although I am guessing I am loosing 25% of post/thread data.

I want the import to think I have never started the post/thread step and only think I have completed all the steps before it. Other wise I will need to start all over again (and that would have been a waste of 2 days)

I'll redo the import another time (when I get time next) The import has now finished (minus most of my threads and posts because of the problems I had)
import.webp

I will work on mods and skins, then will come back to working out my thread/post problem (hopefully by then there will be a faster vb3 importer too).

Top Bottom