HELP

Kieran | OP

Is there any chance I can buy the Xenforo first and then the domain and link this too Xenforo?
1. Is it possible to add Custom Titles for Ranks of Staff Such as Moderator and Helper etc and is this a one time only purchase or does it continue.

Thanks

Yes, you can buy the license first, but you will need a domain and hosting in order to install and use it.

Custom titles are possible.

The license purchase is a one time cost, with optional annual renewals after the first 12 months ($40).

After 12 months, the license is still valid and you can continue to use the software with no additional charges, but should you wish to download new releases or access ticket support, you would need to purchase a 1 year extension.

Otherwise you can choose not to renew support and remain on the same version.

Yes, you can buy the license first, but you will need a domain and hosting in order to install and use it.

Custom titles are possible.

The license purchase is a one time cost, with optional annual renewals after the first 12 months ($40).

When you say hosting, does this mean I can't just buy the domain or do I need to buy a website?

Legendary!!! Am I able to use these examples etc?
Preview_PNG_26c1ad86-491c-4a71-a905-c72d0a28c48c_1024x1024.png

You will need to purchase a domain (URL) and hosting (server) separately.

For a new forum with low traffic, a basic hosting plan from somewhere like GoDaddy would work.

Step one - Register a domain (Xenforo.com as an example for here) (I use NameSilo, but NameCheap is frequently used also by many)
Step two - Find a hosting provider - shared hosting should suffice to start with, companies like NameCheap, GoDaddy, HostGator (wouldn't use this one myself), 1&!, LiquidWeb and many others - and obtain an account
Step three - configure the new hosting provider and set up the database and then copy the XenForo files over to their base directory for the account/server type you have
Step four - run the install process

That's the basics in a nutshell. More detailed help is available from many once you are a license holder.

Top Bottom