Help with Style Properties when Upgrading

steveman0018

Hello all. New to xenforo and love it so far. Sorry if this been posted already. I actually spent 30 mins searching the forum and couldnt find a good answer. Anyway just some info so you know how to word your answers. I am not a coder and dont have any skin knowledge. I wanted to create a style for my gaming forum that is dark so i created a new template using the default to start. I started by changing the colors in the color palette. I also did a lot of changes with borders and stuff all in the style properties. I did not do any of these edits in the CSS code itself. After spending hours trying to figure it out I came up with a good style to my interest. Pic Below.

Now on to my question. When i upgrade to a future version, will my colors reset? Any info on what will happen would be great.

Attachments

• template.webp
    template.webp
    84.4 KB · Views: 1
thank you for the quick response. So for example, i do a template edit to add a sidebar and it says add this code after blah blah. The code that it says to add i just put in the extra.css?

Yep; if it's a CSS edit, you can add it to EXTRA.css instead of the original template--that way the templates can be upgraded with no interference.

For example, I wanted to change the color of the copyright link at the bottom of the forum, so instead of editing it within the footer.css template, I stuck this in EXTRA.css:
Code:
#copyright
	{
		color: @secondaryDarker;
	}

There's more information in that thread that will explain it better than I am, lol. :P

So for example, i do a template edit to add a sidebar and it says add this code after blah blah. The code that it says to add i just put in the extra.css?
If it's an include to add another block to the sidebar for example, then that must be done in the template.

EXTRA.css can only be used for css.

Top Bottom