• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help with options in phrases

Jeremy

Options aren't evaluated in phrases. You'd have to use a named variable {singular} and pass it in via the template:
{xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}}

I'm on mobile so that syntax is probably not correct, but that's what you'll have to do.

Matthew Hawley

Options aren't evaluated in phrases. You'd have to use a named variable {singular} and pass it in via the template:
{xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}}

I'm on mobile so that syntax is probably not correct, but that's what you'll have to do.
I know its correct. So I'd have to go into each template and add {xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}? Then can I add {singular} to the phrases?

Jeremy

Yes. If you want to define a {singular} variable for the phrase. I'd verify my syntax before you do a full on replace.

Last edited:

Jeremy

For one, you didn't close your opening curly brace. And no, it isn't.

This is (taken from XI blog):
HTML:
{xen:phrase xi_blog_x_added_you_as_an_author_to_blog_entry_y,
    'name={xen:helper username, $user, 'subject'}',
    'title=<a href="{xen:link 'blog-entries', $content}" class="PopupItemLink">{$content.title}</a>'}

Jeremy

HTML:
    'title=<a href="{xen:link 'blog-entries', $content}" class="PopupItemLink">{$content.title}</a>'}

Matthew Hawley

HTML:
Could you post that as this?

Code:
{xen:phrase adds_update_to_watched_resource, noncapitalsingular={nonCapitalizedRMSingularPhrases}

Jeremy

You need to surround your variables (nocapitalsingular=x) with singular quotes. And you need to close your curly braces properly.