Help with options in phrases

Options aren't evaluated in phrases. You'd have to use a named variable {singular} and pass it in via the template:
{xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}}

I'm on mobile so that syntax is probably not correct, but that's what you'll have to do.

Options aren't evaluated in phrases. You'd have to use a named variable {singular} and pass it in via the template:
{xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}}

I'm on mobile so that syntax is probably not correct, but that's what you'll have to do.

I know its correct. So I'd have to go into each template and add {xen:phrase x, singular={yourOption}? Then can I add {singular} to the phrases?

Yes. If you want to define a {singular} variable for the phrase. I'd verify my syntax before you do a full on replace.

Last edited:
Every time you use that phrase (where you have a variable defined), you must pass it a value.

Wait is this the correct format?

Code:
{xen:phrase adds_update_to_watched_resource, noncapitalsingular={nonCapitalizedRMSingularPhrases}

For one, you didn't close your opening curly brace. And no, it isn't.

This is (taken from XI blog):
HTML:
{xen:phrase xi_blog_x_added_you_as_an_author_to_blog_entry_y,
    'name={xen:helper username, $user, 'subject'}',
    'title=<a href="{xen:link 'blog-entries', $content}" class="PopupItemLink">{$content.title}</a>'}

HTML:
    'title=<a href="{xen:link 'blog-entries', $content}" class="PopupItemLink">{$content.title}</a>'}

HTML:

Could you post that as this?

Code:
{xen:phrase adds_update_to_watched_resource, noncapitalsingular={nonCapitalizedRMSingularPhrases}

You need to surround your variables (nocapitalsingular=x) with singular quotes. And you need to close your curly braces properly.

No. Compare the format I posted to yours, you should be able to spot the differences.

Test it and see. You may have problems with how you are passing the value to the variable in your phrase.

Top Bottom