Help with an IP address

Saeed

Hi guys. :)

I am trying to look up some information about an IP address of a particular member on my forum. The IP address is:

The information that I get from various sites is something along the lines of:

inetnum: 82.145.208.0 - 82.145.215.255
netname: NO-OPERA-ICE
descr: Opera Software ASA
remarks: Please send any reports regarding abuse to abuse@opera.com
admin-c: OSA34-RIPE
tech-c: OSA34-RIPE
mnt-by: OPERA-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

What I was wondering was that perhaps someone may help me with understanding this. Does this mean that the user was using a mobile device or something? If so, is it possible that two members visiting from different countries, even continents, could have the same IP addresses?

I suspect that it is being used from a mobile device using OperaMini browser. This browser actually works as a proxy and optimizes the response depending upon the device profile. This saves lots of bandwidth usage and a gives a better and faster experience on small screen mobile phones. Most probably you are getting the IP address of that browser proxy. :-)

I suspect that it is being used from a mobile device using OperaMini browser. This browser actually works as a proxy and optimizes the response depending upon the device profile. This saves lots of bandwidth usage and a gives a better and faster experience on small screen mobile phones. Most probably you are getting the IP address of that browser proxy. :)
Thank you very much. That was sort of what I was thinking as well, that it is some mobile device using the Opera browser. I didn't know the proxy bit though. (y)

Any idea whether it would be possible for two people from two different countries to have the same IP address?

Top Bottom