%domain%. IN MX 0 %domain%.
mail IN CNAME %domain%.
www IN CNAME %domain%.
ftp IN CNAME %domain%.

Notice the last 3 listed.
cpanel IN CNAME %domain%.
should work to make a cpanel one?

Thanks.

Ive been trying all types of weird and wonderful combinations over the past hour to try and get it to at least add cpanel when a new account is created but had no luck what so ever!

Ive been doing a bit of googling and come across the following setting in "tweaks"

Proxy Sundomains - Add proxy VirtualHost to httpd.conf to automatically redirect unconfigured cpanel, webmail, webdisk and whm subdomains to the correct port (requires mod_rewrite and mod_proxy)

Proxy Subdomain Creation - Automatically create cpanel, webmail, webdisk and whm proxy subdomain DNS entries for new accounts. When this is initially enabled it will add appropriate proxy subdomain DNS entries to all existing accounts. (Use /scripts/proxydomains to reconfigure the DNS entries manually)

Both have been marked as "On".

Can anyone advise how I would:

1) Check mod-rewrite and mod proxy are enabled
2) What it means by Use /scripts/proxydomains

AT this point I have to bow out and leave it to MattW, Slavik or WSWD since I don't do cPanel in any shape (or any control panel - like I reflected, I do all mine either at dyndns or zoneedit and manually configure all my domains).

AT this point I have to bow out and leave it to MattW, Slavik or WSWD since I don't do cPanel in any shape (or any control panel - like I reflected, I do all mine either at dyndns or zoneedit and manually configure all my domains).

Thanks for your help anyway, its been appreciated. (y)

Thanks for your help anyway, its been appreciated. (y)

Sorry I couldn't help more.. I DO have the ability to turn cPanel on for free at my VPS at RamNode - but I'm skeered if I do I would end up screwing something up since I know nothing about it! :eek:
I used the basic stuff at HostGator, but that was a LONG time ago (at least 3 months ;))

Ive just asked the host, and apparentl cpanel, whm, webmain and webdisk are not default records. They have to be added to "Zone templates" to automatically be created when an account is added. Im having a play around, but not have much joy!

I will certainly test that this evening. I know for a fact we don't add those manually to the template or anything. I haven't personally provisioned a server in a while, but I remember it adding all those straight out of the box, without having to do anything.

Just loomed through a few of our servers (keep in mind that these are dedicated servers...could have different settings than a VPS), as much as I could from my phone anyway, and we do not have those entries in our DNS templates. Also just created a test account and all the DNS entries for cpanel were added automatically. So it has to be doing it by default.

Just set up a test VPS (3 of them in fact, just to be certain, LOL), and the entries are most certainly added by default. I didn't change a single setting anywhere (tweak settings, etc).

Not really sure why it wouldn't be happening on yours though. o_O

Attachments

• dns.webp
    dns.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 3
Just set up a test VPS (3 of them in fact, just to be certain, LOL), and the entries are most certainly added by default. I didn't change a single setting anywhere (tweak settings, etc).

Not really sure why it wouldn't be happening on yours though. o_O

Thanks WSWD.
Im guessing it must have something to do with the setting in "Tweaks"

Proxy Sundomains - Add proxy VirtualHost to httpd.conf to automatically redirect unconfigured cpanel, webmail, webdisk and whm subdomains to the correct port (requires mod_rewrite and mod_proxy)

Proxy Subdomain Creation - Automatically create cpanel, webmail, webdisk and whm proxy subdomain DNS entries for new accounts. When this is initially enabled it will add appropriate proxy subdomain DNS entries to all existing accounts. (Use /scripts/proxydomains to reconfigure the DNS entries manually)

Both are enabled, but maybe theres some sort of glitch there. Guessing i'll just have to do it manually for the time being.

Thanks for having a look, really appreciated.

Dave

Thanks WSWD.
Im guessing it must have something to do with the setting in "Tweaks"

I didn't change anything from the defaults...literally nothing. I installed cPanel, created a couple test accounts, and checked out the DNS entries. All had the appropriate things added by default.
Both are enabled, but maybe theres some sort of glitch there. Guessing i'll just have to do it manually for the time being.

Out of curiosity, do you have the mod_rewrite and mod_proxy compiled? If not, just re-compile apache with those set. You might have them checked in Tweak Settings, but not actually compiled. Perhaps you compiled apache without those?

I didn't change anything from the defaults...literally nothing. I installed cPanel, created a couple test accounts, and checked out the DNS entries. All had the appropriate things added by default.

Out of curiosity, do you have the mod_rewrite and mod_proxy compiled? If not, just re-compile apache with those set. You might have them checked in Tweak Settings, but not actually compiled. Perhaps you compiled apache without those?

They both seem to be enabled. Ive just gone through and set up a test account after recompiling apache and the entries are still missing.

When creating an account, Im given this option under:

Enable DKIM on this account - Ticked
Enable SPF on this account (v-spf1 +a +mx +ip4:12:34:357:890 ?all) - Unticked

Im guessing that has nothing to do with it?

When creating an account, Im given this option under:

Enable DKIM on this account - Ticked
Enable SPF on this account (v-spf1 +a +mx +ip4:12:34:357:890 ?all) - Unticked

Im guessing that has nothing to do with it?

Correct...those are for mail stuff. Gosh...I'm at a loss on this one. I honestly don't know what the issue could be. It might be worth submitting a support ticket to cPanel, or even asking on the cPanel forums, though the forums normally aren't terribly helpful over there.

There has to be something missing. In the meantime, you can just add the A Records, but that's certainly going to get old doing that manually.

Yay! Got it sorted! I contacted cPanel and exlained everything I had done and here was their reply.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting cPanel, I will be assisting you. I have investigating this issue, and I have resolved it by activating this option in WHM >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings >> Domains:

"Thunderbird and Outlook autodiscover and autoconfig support (enables proxy subdomain and SRV record creation)"

This option is also required to be activated for cPanel to created proxy subdomains on account creation. I created the account cptest2.com with this activated and you can see that the proxy subdomains are there in the DNS zone file. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
--

Forest Kistner
cPanel, Inc.
Technical Analyst

Very very happy! Also cant believe how quickly they replied! Thought it would have been a few days but was actually less then a few hours!

Huge thank you to everyone that has helped :)

I'll be damned. ha ha! They should probably put that in the documentation somewhere, or note it in Tweak Settings.

They are very quick over at cPanel, so long as you submit a support ticket and don't use the forum. Glad everything is all figured out!! :D :D

Top Bottom