XF 1.5 HELP problems

you could add display: inline-block; to the li :)

the online sidebar is also showing up below forumlist for me when on desktop, is that intended?

you could add display: inline-block; to the li :)

Where would I add this? (And, was your post complete? "to the li"? what is that?

Is there a template that I should be referencing?

the online sidebar is also showing up below forumlist for me when on desktop, is that intended?

Not sure what you mean here....I think/thought "forumlist' was a vb term (?).

Thanks for your response!!

howdy the li is a html tag using in making lists, in this case the tabs, for some reason the style you are using seems to use different layout than the standard help page which has the links/tabs to the left of the content.

As for forumlist, i meant the list of forums :) in xenforo i believe its template is called forum_list

a quick & dirty fix

looking for template help_wrapper and replacing this

Code:
<li class="section">
               <ul>
                   <xen:hook name="help_sidebar_links">
                   <li><a href="{xen:link help/smilies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'smilies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase smilies}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_bb_codes -->
                   <li><a href="{xen:link help/bb-codes}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'bbCodes'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase bb_codes}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_trophies -->
                   <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableTrophies}">
                       <li><a href="{xen:link help/trophies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'trophies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
                   </xen:if>
                   <!-- slot: pre_cookies -->
                   <li><a href="{xen:link help/cookies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'cookies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase cookie_usage}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_tos_url -->
                   <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}">
                       <li><a href="{$tosUrl}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'terms'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li>
                   </xen:hook>
                   <xen:foreach loop="$pages" value="$page">
                       <li><a href="{xen:link help, $page}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == {$page.page_name}", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{$page.title}</a></li>
                   </xen:foreach>
               </ul>
           </li>

with
Code:
<li class="section">
               <ul>
                   <xen:hook name="help_sidebar_links">
                   <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{xen:link help/smilies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'smilies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase smilies}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_bb_codes -->
                   <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{xen:link help/bb-codes}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'bbCodes'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase bb_codes}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_trophies -->
                   <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableTrophies}">
                       <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{xen:link help/trophies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'trophies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_cookies -->
                   <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{xen:link help/cookies}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'cookies'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase cookie_usage}</a></li>
                   <!-- slot: pre_tos_url -->
                   <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}">
                       <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{$tosUrl}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'terms'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li>
                   </xen:hook>
                   <xen:foreach loop="$pages" value="$page">
                       <li style="display:inline-block;"><a href="{xen:link help, $page}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == {$page.page_name}", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{$page.title}</a></li>
                   </xen:foreach>
               </ul>
           </li>
pic.webp

Did you want the help navigation like that or like the default? Seems a little out of place is all.

Could be outdated templates or some non specific CSS overwriting the default sidebar navigation.

The skin i believe is a pre 1.2 or early 1.2 skin, so possible its misssng some of the templates to reflect the help page changes that come later on.

If so the the template you provided would have likely caused errors as the additional pages function wasn't added until XF 1.4. Also, the above can be done with some CSS instead of editing a template.

@jadmperry if you would like I can take a look later for you if you want.

i believe the board itself is using later than 1.4 so the above code shouldnt cause errors, but the skin doesnt seem to be much higher than 1.2 (where as you say custom help pages were later i believe 1.4), and yep was a quick fix while i was at work, didnt have a time to look into what was causing the default selectors to be overrode. saw an issue like that once before and that was a dbtech addon from 1.1 when on 1.2 or higher so could be related to li on pre 1.2 skins once the softtware itself is ugraded 1.2 and beyond.

notice there some odd issues with the usercards too, the avatars seem to be on the div above the info, very curious.

Top Bottom