1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Help Please

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Charlie J, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

I bought XenForo a few hours ago and i installed XenForo fine however i tried to install UI.X and it kept freezing so im currently deleting all the files to reinstall,any chance someone could install it for me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

3. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

but it keeps freezing in general.

4. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

PM me your domain name and Ill check it out.

5. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

im reinstalling the files currently

6. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This is caused by your server's configuration. You should be contacting your host to determine a reason.

8. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

My host for my website files is HostGator,what should i tell them?

9. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

When someone is able to help you, they will.

Bumping the thread only an hour and 28 minutes after your last post just annoys people. Staff and regular members alike aren't at your beck and call. Additionally, if you are going to bump, you should at least wait 24 hours before doing so.

11. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

Yes but with buying xenforo it says you get 12 months of support,so im sort of buying this support

12. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Still doesn't mean staff needs to be at your beck and call...

13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Actually it's 12 months of ticket support. These are the community forums and although staff often respond, they aren't obliged to. Also bear in mind it is out of office hours which are Monday to Friday.

You need to tell your host what you have posted about here including the error message you posted.

Amaury likes this.
  14. Charlie J

Charlie J Active Member

Because ive paid $168 of software (and it is including the VAT) and then i get tons of errors etc,their should be 24/7 support for the cost of the software.

15. wedgar

wedgar Well-Known Member

We've paid many more times that amount for commercial software and still didn't get 24/7 support.

Amaury likes this.
  16. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, there shouldn't.

People have lives outside this forum and can't always respond when it's convenient for you.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  17. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Give your host the same exact information you gave us, which was next to nothing.

XenForo provides excellent value and support for $140 + VAT, but staff are not required to respond on the forums and that support only provides you a guaranteed response via tickets, which is realistically only required and guaranteed during normal office hours.

24/7 support for $168 is not something you realistically find in any small time company.

Amaury likes this.