1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on Miscellaneous Designs

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Cal, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

There's so much I'll spend hours working on fixing and you guys seem to know how to do it within moments. That's almost scary when you think about it. Anyways I find myself being stumped several times a week now. So this thread is to simplify all of that. I can just post everything in here. Hopefully someone knows how to fix these things....because I've spent some time and I've failed big time.

SO can anyone help me on ANY of these design issues....

pb_home.png

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Dead space top:

Code:
    #content {
    30px 0;
    }

Green Title Bar:

Code:
    .breadcrumb {
    margin-top: 16px;
    }

Those are the CURRENT settings that are effecting them, you can fix them in style properties

I'll register to view the others.

3. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Is that code I should edit (im not sure what to do with it), or is it something I should put in extra.css? Thanks Russ. I really appreciate it!!!

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

You can always add them in extra.CSS remember those are the default values so you'll want to reduce them. Also you may need to use the !important tag in the css

5. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Is this what you are talking about doing....?
    polbuds.png

6. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

No wonder I was so lost. I have no idea what an !important tag is lol. Also no matter what I do I can't get'em to work. I'm getting the feeling I should just be happy I've gotten as far as I have :censored:

7. EQnoble

I am going to bed now....if I see that you have not got it to work by the morning ,when I wake up I will post up the appropriate css for your site tomorrow as i am in bed on another computer.

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

If you want you can grant me access to the styles on your forum and I can get you up and running in no time.

9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Sure. Give me about 5 mins.

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Never mind all, Russ fixed it all. Awesome. I'll post in here if I find anything else rather yet another thread lol.

Steve F likes this.
  11. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I have 2 new issues that I brought upon my own head. See I get too creative some times and I just don't know how to fix the aftermath :cry:

rr.png

Nevermind about the menu one. One of our admins touched the theme without asking me, and jacked it up. I fixed that myself. Although I still haven't figured out how to kill that little redundant "sign up or register" box. :eek:

12. EQnoble

the quickest way to do it would be to add the following to your extra.css

Code:
    .loginButton {
        display: none;
    }