root@host [~]# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix)
Server built: Nov 15 2011 15:41:01
Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.7.1 rev9999
--

>php -v

--
root@host [~]# php -v
PHP 5.2.17 (cli) (built: Nov 15 2011 15:46:48)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
with Zend Optimizer v3.3.9, Copyright (c) 1998-2009, by Zend Technologies
--

>cat /etc/my.cnf
--
root@host [~]# cat /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
local-infile=0
set-variable = max_connections=500
safe-show-database
max_tmp_tables=1
query_cache_type=1
query_cache_limit=2M
query_cache_size=128M
thread_cache_size=4
table_cache=256
max_allowed_packet=16M
innodb_lock_wait_timeout=100
--

I have optimized the following MySQL parameters for optimum performance.

---
query_cache_limit=4M
query_cache_size=128M
tmp_table_size=32M
max_heap_table_size=32M
interactive_timeout=120
wait_timeout=120

Why use max_tmp_tables as 1? Isn't set to 32 as default?

I would suggest to run MySQL tunner once.

are you getting tmp_table_size=64M confused?

I also tried the below settings?
# CACHES AND LIMITS #
tmp_table_size=64M
max_heap_table_size=64M
query_cache_type=1
query_cache_size=128M
query_cache_limit=8M
max_connections=80
thread_cache_size=16
open_files_limit=65535
table_definition_cache=4096
table_open_cache=4096

OK, first thing to do, use EasyApache and update PHP to either 5.3 or 5.4 (5.4.12 is the latest, I'm using that and works great), and Apache to 2.2.24

You also have no real InnoDB config in your MySQL setup. What version of MySQL are you using?

OK, first thing to do, use EasyApache and update PHP to either 5.3 or 5.4 (5.4.12 is the latest, I'm using that and works great), and Apache to 2.2.24

You also have no real InnoDB config in your MySQL setup. What version of MySQL are you using?
Software version: 5.1.68-cll - MySQL Community Server (GPL) is this the right one?

Yep, that's the right one. That's an old version of MySQL as well, you can update to 5.5.30 using Cpanel.

Should I upgrade?
mysqlupdate.webp

ok Matt, just finished backups now on to the EasyApache thing.. Which one do I select?

EasyApache.webp

start customizing based on profile.

It's a step by step process to upgrade Apache and PHP, so you'll need to select the latest version of apache first, and then you can choose you PHP version. After that, you'll get some extended choices for PHP such as mysql / mysqli etc, make sure they are all checked (probably all ready are).

That reminds me. I need to go in and clean out some of those profile entries. There's about 2 years of 'em on my server. >.<

start customizing based on profile.

It's a step by step process to upgrade Apache and PHP, so you'll need to select the latest version of apache first, and then you can choose you PHP version. After that, you'll get some extended choices for PHP such as mysql / mysqli etc, make sure they are all checked (probably all ready are).

Below are not checked, do I check them?

Mod Bandwidth
Tomcat
Mod Mono
Mod Perl
Mod Qos
Mod Ruid2 expermental
SourceGuardian Loader for PHP
Xcache for PHP

Top Bottom