HELP - My forum is broken!

ddmmh

Hi guys,

Need some help. Ive somehow just killed my forum.

My forum was currently in the root of mmazone.com.au

I moved this to /community subdirectory and changed the settings in the basic board information(no trailing slash)

As soon as I moved it the only part of the forums that works is the forums themselves. Everything else produces a 404 error - Not Found.

I decided to move the forum back to the root to see if it had something to do with the sub-directory and still 404 not found for everything except the forums.

I removed the .htaccess thinking that may be it... did not help at all. I moved the forum back to /community and changed the address in basic board settings to relfect this.

Still having the 404 errors. I have no idea if i did something wrong or if this is something else?

Ive done this before and it was as simple as chaing the board URL and moving the files.

Can someone please shed some light? I planned to go live today and this is the worst start so far argh!

http://www.mmazone.com.au/community - There you will see the forums there but anything that is clicked on has a 404 not found error!! HELP!

Here is my current setup.

XF.webp

Try disabling friendly URL's? This may help rule out htaccess problems

Wow that worked straight away. Not sure how this is when ive removed the htaccess? I really really dont want to use non-friendly URL's lol. Im not sure what this did exactly? does the htaccess.txt file in the XF directory do anything also?

When friendly url's are enabled it is looking for your htaccess. Since you removed it....problems

AH i see, when I moved my forum to the /community directory i did add a 301 re-direct to the htaccess.

So basically I can enable the friendly url options but I need to fix my htaccess?

Yes, as go blues said, if friendly URLs are enabled then you must keep the rewrite rules in your .htaccess.
Specifically this content:
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

That is in my htaccess I just think when I moved the 301 re-direct to the top it stuffed something up.

Thanks to both you guys for the help, very much appreciated.

Ive yet to see someone jump on someone for asking even the basic of questions. I know the forum is new, but it really is a team effort here.

I think anyone that does that would be derided mercilessly. About the closest I've seen is the Xencyclopedia Brogan coming in the second post and putting a link to an identical topic. And he's always very nice about it.

Top Bottom