Help Menu Additional Pages [Deleted]

Have you removed a hook from your footer style? Are they active in the style properties option for the specific style you're viewing?
Yes, all settings are enable on style properties.

I just replaced the old 1.1.5 style by the new 1.2 compatible style. However, I should see the links on the default style which wasn't modified

I just checked on the latest version, and the links are placed in the footer correctly, see below:

Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 10.50.40 AM.webp

If you aren't seeing the links, then your style is missing the default hook.

I'm guessing I am just overlooking it, but where do I edit the "Insert your description here" text on the Help index? It's not located in the help_index template.

You can do it directly through template modification for that page. I could have created a template and then added it via the TM, though honestly, it is the same thing to just modify the template modification itself so you have what you want being injected first time.

Oh.. my apologies. It's been a long day and I was attempting to edit the template directly and not through Template Modifications. Sorry for any confusion.

Sorry to be a nuisance with another amateur issue.. but I am trying to change the Imprint template to Guidelines. I've made the appropriate changes in Help.php, but when attempting to change the word "imprint" to "guidelines" in any of the templates or phrases, I continue to get an 'invalid condition expression' error. An example would be:

Code:
<xen:if is="@helpMenuAbout"><li><a href="{xen:link help/about-us}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'aboutUs'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase help_about_us}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="@helpMenuGuidelines"><li><a href="{xen:link 'help/guidelines'}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'guidelines'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase help_about_guidelines}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="@helpMenuNewbie"><li><a href="{xen:link 'help/newbie'}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'newbie'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase help_newbie}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="@helpMenuPrivacyPolicy"><li><a href="{xen:link 'help/privacy-policy'}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'privacyPolicy'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
<xen:if is="@helpMenuStaff"><li><a href="{xen:link 'help/staff'}" class="{xen:if "{$selected} == 'staff'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}">{xen:phrase help_staff}</a></li></xen:if>

Here is a copy of the line in Help.php for reference:

Code:
public function actionGuidelines()
{
    return $this->_getWrapper('guidelines', $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Help_Guidelines', 'help_guidelines')
);
}

To summarize my problem, I simply want to change Imprint to Guidelines. Both as text and as a link.

Last edited:
I've tried to. Every time I do, I get the invalid condition expression error on the following line:

Code:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase help_about_guidelines}</xen:title>

When I attempt to change that phrase, it saves it as a new phrase, but it doesn't make a difference.

Do you have a phrase created called "help_about_guidelines"?

Are you adjusting the master phrase OR the English phrase?

Remove the title and see if you get the page working... and if so, then your fault is in your phrase creation.

Have you created such a style control in your style properties? If not, that is why. You're trying to turn it on/off via a style property... so have you created that style property? If not... get rid of it.

I did for the default, though if you're creating custom pages for your specific setup, why would you need to turn it on/off?

Okay, so I know you said that there's no real point to adding a style property for a custom page, but I'm picky sometimes. :)

I created the Style Property using the following tutorial:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/create-simple-style-properties.2048/

It seems I didn't configure it properly however, as the IF statement doesn't pick up the value of the on/off check box.

I set the property name to helpMenuGuidelines and the default value as 1. Is this not correct?

I can't tell you whether your style properties are right or not, other than if it isn't working for you, then something isn't right. Again... remove such things from your template and if the add-on function is working correctly for your help page, then there is nothing wrong with what you've done for this add-on to create a functioning help page, and your issue is then isolated to purely style properties.

Is this add-on working for your new page without the style property you created?

Fault finding is a process of elimination.

The add-on works fine as long as I remove the if statement. I'm OCD with formatting and would rather have the option to enable/disable the page, than remove all of the checks. The issue is definitely related to the new Style Property that I created.

Scratch that. I resolved the issue myself. I mistakenly created the new style property under my current skin rather than the master style. Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited:
I upgraded to 1.2 on a test server and this plugin seemed to stop functioning. Do you have to make any template changes after upgrading? I upgraded to the latest version, and the footer links still show up, but they give me an error when clicked and the "Help" menu no longer shows up in the navbar.

The help menu is no longer tabbed in XF1.2, which has nothing to do with this add-on. I can't envisage why an error would be produced, as this was just tested yesterday on RC2 as working correctly.

How would we go about adding a separate "help" page that has the same tabbed format but doesn't include or interfere with the default help-pages?

Is that possible?

Edit: I think you say you can make a custom page in the OP, but I can't seem to understand what I need to change (or where I need to change it) to do so.

For example, if I wanted to create a new set of custom help pages under the URL "/guide", what would I have to change to do that?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom