Help Menu Additional Pages [Deleted]

It adds pages into your help pages section, that are configurable by templates. Look at the thumbnails to see what it adds.

The additional problem is purely a specific template that has no hooks in it, thus must be manually updated.

Bit confused with this, I get to edit the title of the link you just edit the phrase, but how do you edit it so the URL reflects the change?

I.E. No matter what I put in the phrase for Newbie, the URL never changes: index.php?help/newbie

Any help appreciated :)

Phrases are not links. Phrases are a simple way to use the same term in multiple locations with a single entry.

Links are edited on the relevant template page.

You shouldn't have to change the links though... is what I don't understand. The links use XF structure, whether you're using default or SEO friendly. There should be no requirement to adjust anything in the footer template other than if you wanted to add something or remove it.

You can't just change links, as they're reflected and managed from the PHP file. If you wanted to change a URL for the page, you would also have to change that pages URL naming convention in the PHP file, as described in the description of this.

/library/HelpMenu/ControllerPublic/Help.php

PHP:
public function actionNewbie()
{
    return $this->_getWrapper('newbie', $this->responseView('XenForo_ViewPublic_Help_Newbie', 'help_newbie')
);
}

You would have to change the instances of "newbie" to correctly reflect what you want the URL to be, then change it in all appropriate templates.

The discussion page contains how to add pages, thus to modify one is exactly the same process... you just change the existing data though.

Is there a way to link to XF pages instead of linking to templates?

(Edit: Just to be precise: I want to create my additional help pages as XF Pages, and then link to them from the Help menu.)

That would have to be done manually in the template... linking up each href with each page URL once created. They are not the same system...

Great add-on. One question. I successfully edited the staff section to show the avatar, however, the avatar is smaller than the box it fits in, where and how can I edit this so that the box is smaller.

Hi,

help_staff links its corresponding css template already. This add-on isn't about providing a designed suite of pages, but simply providing the foundation of help page options you can add, then design yourself, to your site.

It should work the same... however; you are correct that I should update it to include the use of the new XF TM. I will take a look a little later tonight actually... see what I can solve.

Just about to update... it only required me to delete the secondary links, as a help tab is no longer used, and the minor help_index page changes which are now handled through the TM directly.

Hi Anthony,

I've installed this add-on on XF 1.2 but I was using a XF 1.1.5 style. Then, I upgraded this style to the version compatible with XF 1.2 and since then I don't see the links of the help pages at the footer.

I upgraded the Help Pages version on my forum to the latest version you released on Friday but I still having the same issue. I also checked this with the default style and I don't see the links too.

What can I do in order to resolve this?

Thank you very much

Have you removed a hook from your footer style? Are they active in the style properties option for the specific style you're viewing?

Top Bottom